Franklin - Mayor Tom Taylor told NOW Newspapers that tracks seen near the Oak Leaf Bike Trail last week, which at least one county parks worker believed belonged to a cougar, were identified as the prints of a large dog by a state wildlife specialist.
Local police departments have taken a handful of reports of large cat sightings in the area over the past several weeks.
Sightings have been reported in Franklin, Hales Corners and Oak Creek.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Greendale seeks public input on TIF proposal to revitalize downtown
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Hose Tower flows ahead with Greendale's financial help
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Cookout, football game to follow Greendale Homecoming Parade
- Greendale Village Board shifts opinion, approves funding for Hose Tower completion
- Greendale School District approves lower tax levy for 2014-15
- Greendale Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Greendale officials to look at TIF option for redeveloping apartment complex