Franklin - Mayor Tom Taylor told NOW Newspapers that tracks seen near the Oak Leaf Bike Trail last week, which at least one county parks worker believed belonged to a cougar, were identified as the prints of a large dog by a state wildlife specialist.
Local police departments have taken a handful of reports of large cat sightings in the area over the past several weeks.
Sightings have been reported in Franklin, Hales Corners and Oak Creek.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Marching Band launches fundraiser for trip to Macy's Parade
- Corrections: July 2, 2015 issue
- Vacant Greendale police station has a varied, chaotic past (8)
- Greendale police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Greendale School District appoints new director of business services
- Greener pastures: Greendale Schools' Erin Green announces retirement
- Greendale police report: June 25, 2015 issue
- Greendale student elected 2015 Badger Boys State Governor
- Greendale Family 4th Fest begins July 2
- Bill Kewan chosen to fill vacant seat on Greendale's village board