Woman who stole truck from Franklin gas station shot by Milwaukee police, report states
Franklin - A 31-year-old Milwaukee woman who stole a truck from a customer at a Franklin gas station used the vehicle to ram a squad car in Milwaukee during a police pursuit on Christmas Eve, police said.
According to the Franklin police report:
A 25-year-old man reported that his 2000 Ford F250 truck was stolen at Andy's Gas, 5040 W. Rawson Ave., at 2:25 p.m. Dec. 24. He had left it parked and running while he went inside the business.
The truck owner was able to get a ride from another customer, and they followed the stolen truck to College Avenue and 27th Street before losing sight of it.
Milwaukee police officers on patrol spotted the stolen vehicle about 6:45 p.m. and followed it into an alley near 72nd Street and Mill Road. The driver rammed the truck into the police squad while making a U-turn in the alley. An officer fired a weapon at the vehicle after the driver backed up and attempted to ram the squad a second time. The driver, a 31-year-old Milwaukee woman, was grazed by the bullet.
She was arrested for recklessly endangering safety and theft of a vehicle.
Police recovered the truck and it was returned to its owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown resumes plans for 2015 referendum for full-time fire department
- Greendale police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Young Entrepreneurs Academy to pilot program at Greendale High
- Greendale High School educator, student recognized by Kohl Foundation
- Greendale police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Election Forum: Greendale trustee incumbents discuss TIF, veterans' memorial in pre-election questionnaire
- Greendale police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Greendale School Board candidates weigh in on reasons for running (1)
- Canterbury Elementary students take first place in State Battle of the Books competition
- Greendale police report: March 12, 2015 issue