Greendale wrestlers win tournament title Team bounced back after blowout loss to Whitnall
Greendale - After a one-sided dual loss to Whitnall on Dec. 7, the Greendale/St. Thomas More wrestling team bounced back by winning the Kenosha Christian Life Tournament on Saturday.
Greendale/More went 4-1 in duals and placed six wrestlers in the top two at their respective weights.
Sam Walton (145 pounds) and Jake Rosen (170) both took first with 5-0 records, while Tommy Welch (106), Eric Martinson (132), Dustin Donald (160) and Alex Rohde (heavyweight) all captured second places.
Greendale/More downed Union Grove, 45-41; Lake Country Lutheran, 78-3; North Chicago, 63-18; and Kenosha Christian Life, 46-33, while losing to Cudahy/St. Francis, 46-36.
The local team fell to Whitnall, 74-6, in a Woodland Conference meet as Chris Jankowski (120) pinned his opponent for the team's lone victory.
Greendale/More tried to avenge its loss to Cudahy/St. Francis in another Woodland dual on Wednesday and will travel to Wilmot for another tournament at 9 a.m. Saturday.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale girls volleyball team setting sights high for 2015 season
- Greendale cross-country squads facing rebuilding process
- Football: Franklin football team emphatic in 37-0 rout of area rival Greendale
- Greendale girls tennis team finishes 1-3 in tough Brookfield East tourney
- Greendale football team loses lead, game to perennial power Menomonie
- Greendale football team tries to overcome personnel losses, keep winning
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Greendale Panthers
- Sabinash, Ramirez keep Greendale baseball team on winning path
- Greendale resident Bosko Sarenac inducted into two state swimming halls of fame
- Greendale baseball team rallies after slow start, puts together another successful season