Greendale - Singles player Matt Grieshop and the doubles team of Will Kivlin and Corey Bett of Greendale both qualified for this weekend's WIAA Division 1 State Individual Meet in Madison.
Grieshop, the Panthers' first singles player for most of this season, finished fourth in a sectional meet on May 23 at Brookfield Central. He will take a 15-7 overall record to the Nielsen Tennis Stadium and will play Ben Luskin of Middleton (19-7) at 4 p.m. Thursday.
The Kivlin-Bett duo wound up third in the sectional and finished the regular season at 11-2. The Panther team will take on Drew Kamenick and Adam Skoczylas of Elkhorn Area (10-3) at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in first-round action.
Also competing at the sectional were third singles player Kyle Senft, who took fourth place; the second doubles team of Brandon Guendel and Kenan Goyette, which came in fourth; and the third unit of Ryan Kuzmanovic and Matt Bemis, fourth.
The Panthers tallied 23 points for fourth place in the sectional.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 2
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Oct. 30
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 1
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Greendale tops Greenfield, claims Woodland girls volleyball title
- Greendale outlasts Tosa East to secure WIAA regional soccer title
- 12 years in making, G'town football team shares NSC title
- Greendale wears down Rockets, captures Woodland football championship
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Football: Poll: Will Greendale or South Milwaukee win in Week 9 matchup?