Greendale - Singles player Matt Grieshop and the doubles team of Will Kivlin and Corey Bett of Greendale both qualified for this weekend's WIAA Division 1 State Individual Meet in Madison.
Grieshop, the Panthers' first singles player for most of this season, finished fourth in a sectional meet on May 23 at Brookfield Central. He will take a 15-7 overall record to the Nielsen Tennis Stadium and will play Ben Luskin of Middleton (19-7) at 4 p.m. Thursday.
The Kivlin-Bett duo wound up third in the sectional and finished the regular season at 11-2. The Panther team will take on Drew Kamenick and Adam Skoczylas of Elkhorn Area (10-3) at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in first-round action.
Also competing at the sectional were third singles player Kyle Senft, who took fourth place; the second doubles team of Brandon Guendel and Kenan Goyette, which came in fourth; and the third unit of Ryan Kuzmanovic and Matt Bemis, fourth.
The Panthers tallied 23 points for fourth place in the sectional.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thomson hits the shot heard 'round Greendale
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Boys basketball: Long-distance barrage powers Greendale boys basketball team in postseason
- Relay team narrowly misses state history
- Greenfield, Greendale boys swimming team sends large group to Madison
- Sports Shorts: Feb. 20
- Panther-Hawks win seven conference swims as team finishes third
- Greendale boys basketball team gets revenge on New Berlin Eisenhower
- Whitnall puts it all together for victory
- Greendale's Maxwell signs with Badgers