Greendale - Singles player Matt Grieshop and the doubles team of Will Kivlin and Corey Bett of Greendale both qualified for this weekend's WIAA Division 1 State Individual Meet in Madison.
Grieshop, the Panthers' first singles player for most of this season, finished fourth in a sectional meet on May 23 at Brookfield Central. He will take a 15-7 overall record to the Nielsen Tennis Stadium and will play Ben Luskin of Middleton (19-7) at 4 p.m. Thursday.
The Kivlin-Bett duo wound up third in the sectional and finished the regular season at 11-2. The Panther team will take on Drew Kamenick and Adam Skoczylas of Elkhorn Area (10-3) at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in first-round action.
Also competing at the sectional were third singles player Kyle Senft, who took fourth place; the second doubles team of Brandon Guendel and Kenan Goyette, which came in fourth; and the third unit of Ryan Kuzmanovic and Matt Bemis, fourth.
The Panthers tallied 23 points for fourth place in the sectional.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 5
- Ringelbergs a winning team for Greendale football
- Greendale trio attains All-Suburban honors
- Optimism runs high for Greendale boys basketball team
- Basketball: I played at state: Ashley Imperiale
- Work ethic, leadership key Greendale girls basketball
- Greendale handed stunning state football defeat
- Greendale passing play makes state history
- Social media story: Division 3 prep football state title game: Greendale vs. Monona Grove
- Jungers earns all-state swim honors for Greendale girls