Greendale - Singles player Matt Grieshop and the doubles team of Will Kivlin and Corey Bett of Greendale both qualified for this weekend's WIAA Division 1 State Individual Meet in Madison.
Grieshop, the Panthers' first singles player for most of this season, finished fourth in a sectional meet on May 23 at Brookfield Central. He will take a 15-7 overall record to the Nielsen Tennis Stadium and will play Ben Luskin of Middleton (19-7) at 4 p.m. Thursday.
The Kivlin-Bett duo wound up third in the sectional and finished the regular season at 11-2. The Panther team will take on Drew Kamenick and Adam Skoczylas of Elkhorn Area (10-3) at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in first-round action.
Also competing at the sectional were third singles player Kyle Senft, who took fourth place; the second doubles team of Brandon Guendel and Kenan Goyette, which came in fourth; and the third unit of Ryan Kuzmanovic and Matt Bemis, fourth.
The Panthers tallied 23 points for fourth place in the sectional.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- OC's Turchin two-run double rallies Knights to 2-1 win over Greendale
- Greendale baseball team finishes second in Woodland Conference Tournament
- Justus, Jedrzejewski spearhead strong Greendale softball attack (1)
- Greendale baseball team wins opening Woodland Conference Tournament contest
- Greendale baseball team goes through ups, downs in busy week
- Big innings help boost Greendale baseball team to Woodland victories
- Boys golf: Martin Luther takes runner-up trophy in Division 3 state golf
- Greendale's Thomson just misses individual state golf championship
- Sports Notes: June 18, 2015
- Ramirez strikes out 16 to lead Greendale baseball team past South Milwaukee