Greendale - Singles player Matt Grieshop and the doubles team of Will Kivlin and Corey Bett of Greendale both qualified for this weekend's WIAA Division 1 State Individual Meet in Madison.
Grieshop, the Panthers' first singles player for most of this season, finished fourth in a sectional meet on May 23 at Brookfield Central. He will take a 15-7 overall record to the Nielsen Tennis Stadium and will play Ben Luskin of Middleton (19-7) at 4 p.m. Thursday.
The Kivlin-Bett duo wound up third in the sectional and finished the regular season at 11-2. The Panther team will take on Drew Kamenick and Adam Skoczylas of Elkhorn Area (10-3) at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in first-round action.
Also competing at the sectional were third singles player Kyle Senft, who took fourth place; the second doubles team of Brandon Guendel and Kenan Goyette, which came in fourth; and the third unit of Ryan Kuzmanovic and Matt Bemis, fourth.
The Panthers tallied 23 points for fourth place in the sectional.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale boys add Woodland Conference Tournament championship to tennis honors
- Greendale boys golf team captures Woodland Conference mega-mini meet
- Greendale boys golf team surges to first place in Woodland West division
- Greendale softball team continues winning ways, takes second at Cudahy tournament
- Franklin boys track team turns on the jets, wins North invite
- Greendale's Abby Jankowski sets school record in discus at Union Grove meet
- Price to lead Wauwatosa West boys tennis team
- Greendale boys basketball team puts together another strong finish in 2014-15
- Greendale's Josh Michaels puts together all-around game in helping team get back to state
- Boys basketball: Greendale boys basketball team falls to Rice Lake at WIAA state tourney once again