The Greendale Village Club will open two tennis courts designed for children under the age of 10 at noon on Saturday.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony will be attended by Village Club President Michael Connor, Village Club pro Mike Patneaude, Lance Allan of WTMJ-TV 4, a Village Club member; and Nancy Massart, the executive director of the Wisconsin Tennis Association.
The Village Club, 6263 Sherwood Road in Greendale, is just the second facility in the Milwaukee area to offer the unique teaching tool. The two new courts were built adjacent to the club's 10 traditional courts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Josh Michaels' 40-point night lifts Greendale past Shorewood
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Whitnall/Greendale co-op wrestlers top Tosa, take control of Woodland race
- Michaels, Pulizos shine as Greendale downs St. Francis
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestling squad holds its own against elite foes
- Greendale girls basketball team rallies past Greenfield in WC action
- All-Suburban Player of the Year: From the archive: Low profile, big impact from Brunner
- All-Suburban Player of the Year: From the archive: Hennessy led Greendale's high-octane attack
- Greendale's Josh Ringelberg leaves strong mark on state football
- Greendale football team boasts standouts on both sides of the ball