The Greendale Village Club will open two tennis courts designed for children under the age of 10 at noon on Saturday.
The ribbon-cutting ceremony will be attended by Village Club President Michael Connor, Village Club pro Mike Patneaude, Lance Allan of WTMJ-TV 4, a Village Club member; and Nancy Massart, the executive director of the Wisconsin Tennis Association.
The Village Club, 6263 Sherwood Road in Greendale, is just the second facility in the Milwaukee area to offer the unique teaching tool. The two new courts were built adjacent to the club's 10 traditional courts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale girls ousted by Union Grove
- Girls basketball: Dominican girls take recent history lesson to heart
- Boys basketball: Poised Panthers earn trip to state
- Thomson hits the shot heard 'round Greendale
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Boys basketball: Long-distance barrage powers Greendale boys basketball team in postseason
- Relay team narrowly misses state history
- Greenfield, Greendale boys swimming team sends large group to Madison
- Sports Shorts: Feb. 20
- Panther-Hawks win seven conference swims as team finishes third