The offense of the Greendale football team continued to operate in high gear Friday at Wisconsin Lutheran College in a 35-7 victory over Pius XI.
Quarterback Josh Ringelberg completed 11 of 21 passes for 265 yards and three touchdowns, while Nate Miller caught three tosses for 109 yards and two scores and running back Jake Zywicki racked up 159 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
The Panthers rolled up 455 total yards while holding the Popes to just 167 yards.
Ringelberg has now thrown 13 touchdown passes for Greendale (3-0).
The biggest test of the season comes this week as the Panthers host Pewaukee (3-0) at 7 p.m. Friday at Steve Gavinski Field.
The Pirates opened their Woodland Conference season with a 42-7 romp over New Berlin Eisenhower on Friday, holding the Lions to just 43 total yards.
Greendale tuned up for Pewaukee with the victory over Pius last week. Ringelberg got things started with a 99-yard scoring pass to Cody Kmetz in the first quarter, and Frankie Rutkowski's point after made it 7-0.
Pius answered to trim it to 7-6, but the rest of the game belonged to Greendale.
Miller hauled in touchdown passes of 69 and 10 yards from Ringelberg, and Zywicki scored on runs of 1 and 4 yards as the Panthers pulled away to win.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 5
- Ringelbergs a winning team for Greendale football
- Greendale trio attains All-Suburban honors
- Optimism runs high for Greendale boys basketball team
- Basketball: I played at state: Ashley Imperiale
- Work ethic, leadership key Greendale girls basketball
- Greendale handed stunning state football defeat
- Greendale passing play makes state history
- Social media story: Division 3 prep football state title game: Greendale vs. Monona Grove
- Jungers earns all-state swim honors for Greendale girls