John Fauser stepped to the forefront for the Greendale boys soccer team twice last week.
Fauser scored the lone goal in a 1-0 triumph over Greenfield on Sept. 4, then put in one of the goals in a 2-1 victory over Veritas on Friday.
In the Greenfield game, Fauser took a pass from Matt Bemis and tallied in the 25th minute.
Goaltenders Phil Miron and Ryan Smazal did the rest. Each played a half, with Miron making six saves and Smazal four.
Against Veritas, the Panthers fell behind 1-0 in the first half before Isaiah Morales evened the match.
Fauser then tallied in the 72nd minute for the winning goal.
With its third straight victory, Greendale improved to 4-3 on the season.
"The team had a very good week," head coach George Knezic said. "They are starting to play with some confidence and maturing as a team."
Greendale faced two key Woodland games this week, at home against defending Woodland champion Pius XI on Monday and at Whitnall on Wednesday.
The Panthers welcome Watertown on Thursday and Pewaukee on Monday, with both games at 6:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 5
- Ringelbergs a winning team for Greendale football
- Greendale trio attains All-Suburban honors
- Optimism runs high for Greendale boys basketball team
- Basketball: I played at state: Ashley Imperiale
- Work ethic, leadership key Greendale girls basketball
- Greendale handed stunning state football defeat
- Greendale passing play makes state history
- Social media story: Division 3 prep football state title game: Greendale vs. Monona Grove
- Jungers earns all-state swim honors for Greendale girls