Carolyn Jungers of Greendale enjoyed a successful summer in two major youth swimming meets.
Jungers captured four individual first places in the Wisconsin State Long Course Championships in early August.
She won the 100 freestyle, 200 breaststroke, 200 freestyle and 200 individual medley in her 15-16 year-old bracket. She also obtained a U.S. Junior National time in the individual medley.
She was also third in the 100 breaststroke and 400 IM.
In late July, Jungers swam for the Schroeder Aquatics team in the Summer Long Course Speedo Series meet at the University of Minnesota Aquatics Center.
That meet included teams from universities in the Midwest as well as youth teams from Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and South Dakota.
Jungers swam with Ashlyn Schoof, Alexandra Meyers and Abigail Raatz to take first place in the 800 freestyle relay with 8 minutes, 27.04 seconds, which broke a club record. The group beat out teams from the University of Wisconsin and University of Minnesota.
The four also took second in the 400 freestyle relay with 3:50.69 to break another club record.
Both of the relay times would have been state records, but Jungers and Schoof are only 14 and 15, respectively, and do not fall into the 17-18 bracket. The group did post U.S. Open National times.
Jungers' relay teammate, Meyers, is presently swimming in the FINA World Championships in Dubai with the U.S. 400 freestyle squad.
Jungers is now back swimming with the Greendale High School team and has already won several events in the young season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Perszk's late three-pointer propels Greendale girls basketball team to thrilling win
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 5
- Ringelbergs a winning team for Greendale football
- Greendale trio attains All-Suburban honors
- Optimism runs high for Greendale boys basketball team
- Basketball: I played at state: Ashley Imperiale
- Work ethic, leadership key Greendale girls basketball
- Greendale handed stunning state football defeat
- Greendale passing play makes state history
- Social media story: Division 3 prep football state title game: Greendale vs. Monona Grove