After one half, things were looking all right for the Greendale girls basketball team in a WIAA Division 2 regional game against Union Grove on Friday.
The Panthers were up 27-23 at that point, but then were outscored 19-12 in the third quarter and 21-10 in the fourth to fall, 63-49.
The defeat ended their season at 8-15 overall.
"The first quarter and a half, things looked great," head coach Julie Hahm said. "We were hitting our shots, and Union Grove wasn't.
"In the second half, the difference was rebounding. We didn't do a good enough job keeping Union Grove from getting second and third opportunities."
Union Grove's Sara Hartl started to hit her shots in the second half as well, finishing with 15 points. Frankie Pettit led Union Grove with 18 points.
For Greendale, Emily Perszyk paced all scorers with 19 points and Taite Kurzka added 13 points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Whitnall/Greendale co-op wrestlers top Tosa, take control of Woodland race
- Michaels, Pulizos shine as Greendale downs St. Francis
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestling squad holds its own against elite foes
- Greendale girls basketball team rallies past Greenfield in WC action
- All-Suburban Player of the Year: From the archive: Low profile, big impact from Brunner
- All-Suburban Player of the Year: From the archive: Hennessy led Greendale's high-octane attack
- Greendale's Josh Ringelberg leaves strong mark on state football
- Greendale football team boasts standouts on both sides of the ball
- Greendale girls basketball team falls to Franklin, Fort Atkinson