After one half, things were looking all right for the Greendale girls basketball team in a WIAA Division 2 regional game against Union Grove on Friday.
The Panthers were up 27-23 at that point, but then were outscored 19-12 in the third quarter and 21-10 in the fourth to fall, 63-49.
The defeat ended their season at 8-15 overall.
"The first quarter and a half, things looked great," head coach Julie Hahm said. "We were hitting our shots, and Union Grove wasn't.
"In the second half, the difference was rebounding. We didn't do a good enough job keeping Union Grove from getting second and third opportunities."
Union Grove's Sara Hartl started to hit her shots in the second half as well, finishing with 15 points. Frankie Pettit led Union Grove with 18 points.
For Greendale, Emily Perszyk paced all scorers with 19 points and Taite Kurzka added 13 points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brown Deer inducts 16 into first Hall of Fame class
- Greendale football team avoids letdown, rolls past Eisenhower 41-14
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Josh Ringelberg spurs Greendale football team past Pewaukee, 37-7
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5
- Greendale cross country teams begin season with fifth at Shorewood
- Greendale spoils Franklin football dedication, 31-14
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Football: Poll: Will Greendale or Franklin win in Week 2 matchup?
- Greendale boys soccer team off to unbeaten start