After one half, things were looking all right for the Greendale girls basketball team in a WIAA Division 2 regional game against Union Grove on Friday.
The Panthers were up 27-23 at that point, but then were outscored 19-12 in the third quarter and 21-10 in the fourth to fall, 63-49.
The defeat ended their season at 8-15 overall.
"The first quarter and a half, things looked great," head coach Julie Hahm said. "We were hitting our shots, and Union Grove wasn't.
"In the second half, the difference was rebounding. We didn't do a good enough job keeping Union Grove from getting second and third opportunities."
Union Grove's Sara Hartl started to hit her shots in the second half as well, finishing with 15 points. Frankie Pettit led Union Grove with 18 points.
For Greendale, Emily Perszyk paced all scorers with 19 points and Taite Kurzka added 13 points.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale girls basketball team hopes eight players are enough for 2015-16 season
- Pulizos takes turn as senior leader for Greendale boys basketball team
- Sports Note: Nov. 19, 2015
- Greendale's Jungers caps brilliant swimming career with WIAA state championship
- Girls volleyball: Greendale's remarkable girls volleyball season ends in state quarterfinal
- Greendale's Jungers, Homontowski off to state swimming meet
- Girls volleyball: Greendale girls volleyball team gets past nemesis Muskego, advances to WIAA state tournament
- Football: Mistakes, Wilmot quarterback A.J. Frisby hurt Greendale in WIAA football playoff defeat
- Greendale girls volleyball team captures Woodland Conference Tournament championship
- Greendale football team falls to rival Greenfield in Woodland Conference championship contest