Greendale boys track and field team looks to develop depth
Panthers open season Saturday at Waukesha South
The outlook for the Greendale boys track and field team is somewhat uncertain at this point.
"We have several new athletes willing to display their physical talents through running, throwing or jumping," head coach Corey Binnebose said. "We are still in need of some depth overall. We have a few sprinters, but most of them are new to track, so it might take a while to get them into the flow of things.
"We have a few distance kids with experience, such as (junior) Bobby Lutz, (junior) Joey Unrein and (senior) Hail Kazik, and they will be looking to score some points for us. Our sprinters have potential as well."
Binnebose said the Panthers' strongest individual might be senior JP Carvalho in the pole vault.
"He did some good camp work this week and is ready to go," the coach said.
Binnebose returns to the position after taking the 2013 season off to concentrate on training for triathlons.
The Greendale girls squad also has a new coach in Chris Servais, who was an assistant coach last season for the Panthers.
Both teams begin the season with an invitational at 8 a.m. Saturday at Waukesha South.
The Woodland Conference Indoor Meet is set for April 8 at Pius XI High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale girls volleyball team setting sights high for 2015 season
- Greendale cross-country squads facing rebuilding process
- Football: Franklin football team emphatic in 37-0 rout of area rival Greendale
- Greendale girls tennis team finishes 1-3 in tough Brookfield East tourney
- Greendale football team loses lead, game to perennial power Menomonie
- Greendale football team tries to overcome personnel losses, keep winning
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Greendale Panthers
- Sabinash, Ramirez keep Greendale baseball team on winning path
- Greendale resident Bosko Sarenac inducted into two state swimming halls of fame
- Greendale baseball team rallies after slow start, puts together another successful season