Greendale boys track and field team looks to develop depth
Panthers open season Saturday at Waukesha South
The outlook for the Greendale boys track and field team is somewhat uncertain at this point.
"We have several new athletes willing to display their physical talents through running, throwing or jumping," head coach Corey Binnebose said. "We are still in need of some depth overall. We have a few sprinters, but most of them are new to track, so it might take a while to get them into the flow of things.
"We have a few distance kids with experience, such as (junior) Bobby Lutz, (junior) Joey Unrein and (senior) Hail Kazik, and they will be looking to score some points for us. Our sprinters have potential as well."
Binnebose said the Panthers' strongest individual might be senior JP Carvalho in the pole vault.
"He did some good camp work this week and is ready to go," the coach said.
Binnebose returns to the position after taking the 2013 season off to concentrate on training for triathlons.
The Greendale girls squad also has a new coach in Chris Servais, who was an assistant coach last season for the Panthers.
Both teams begin the season with an invitational at 8 a.m. Saturday at Waukesha South.
The Woodland Conference Indoor Meet is set for April 8 at Pius XI High School.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale girls basketball team hopes eight players are enough for 2015-16 season
- Pulizos takes turn as senior leader for Greendale boys basketball team
- Sports Note: Nov. 19, 2015
- Greendale's Jungers caps brilliant swimming career with WIAA state championship
- Girls volleyball: Greendale's remarkable girls volleyball season ends in state quarterfinal
- Greendale's Jungers, Homontowski off to state swimming meet
- Girls volleyball: Greendale girls volleyball team gets past nemesis Muskego, advances to WIAA state tournament
- Football: Mistakes, Wilmot quarterback A.J. Frisby hurt Greendale in WIAA football playoff defeat
- Greendale girls volleyball team captures Woodland Conference Tournament championship
- Greendale football team falls to rival Greenfield in Woodland Conference championship contest