Greendale boys golf team earns high finishes in mini-meets, invite
Panthers fourth in own invitational
As the boys golf season finally gets into full swing, the Greendale boys are showing plenty of strength.
The Panthers won the first Woodland Conference mini-meet of the season, posting a 162 to edge Pewaukee with 166 shots and New Berlin Eisenhower with 167 on April 29 at Morningstar Golf Club.
Nate Thomson and Alex Rendon shared medalist honors with 38s, while Ben Briselden carded a 40, Pete Jodarski 46 and Aaron Pawlinski 49.
Greendale then switched places with Pewaukee in the second Woodland mini-meet on May 1 at Whitnall Park. The Panthers shot 163 to finish second behind the Pirates with 161.
Thomson again took medalist honors with a 36. He was followed by Rendon at 37, Briselden and Jodarski 45 each and Pawlinski 48.
Greendale came in fourth in its own invitational at Morningstar on May 2. Defending WIAA Division 1 champion Cedarburg won the event with 309, followed by Slinger at 316, Muskego 321, the Panthers 322 and Waukesha South 326.
The Panthers topped six Woodland teams in the meet.
Rendon and Thomson both fired 74s to share fifth place. Pawlinski and Briselden both posted 87s and Jodarski 95.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Gnadt, Steinberg make big plays in Greendale football victory
- Football: Greendale football team tips Wauwatosa West, remains in first place in Woodland West
- Greendale honors longtime football supporter Rodney Mattrisch
- Greendale's Nolan Rudd claims first cross-country varsity championship at East Troy
- Greendale girls volleyball team downs top-rated Divine Savior Holy Angels in tournament
- Greendale football team bounces back to top New Berlin Eisenhower in Woodland opener
- Sophomore quarterback sparks Panthers to first win
- Greendale girls volleyball team setting sights high for 2015 season
- Greendale cross-country squads facing rebuilding process
- Football: Franklin football team emphatic in 37-0 rout of area rival Greendale