Greendale boys tennis team continues run through Woodland Conference
Panthers prepare for conference tournament
With dual-meet victories over New Berlin Eisenhower, Pius XI and Pewaukee last week, the Greendale boys tennis team remained unbeaten in Woodland Conference action this season.
The Panthers downed Eisenhower, 7-0, on May 5, Pius XI, 5-2, on May 8 and Pewaukee, 6-1, on May 6 to improve to 5-0 in Woodland duals.
Winners against Eisenhower were Ryan Kuzmanovic (6-0, 6-2), Logan Zastrow (6-1, 6-2), Nick Hess (6-1, 6-1), Marko Devcic (6-1, 6-2), the first doubles team of Brad Guendel and Matt Bemis (6-0, 6-1), the second unit of Brandon Cook and Andy Najera (6-0, 6-3) and the third squad of Matt Vraney and Eric Ouellette (7-5, 6-1).
Against Pius, Kuzmanovic won a 7-5, 6-0 match and Guendel and Bemis prevailed 6-0, 6-1.
In the Pewaukee dual, Kuzmanovic took a 6-0, 6-3 decision and Guendel and Bemis won 6-0, 6-0.
The Panthers will play a crossover Woodland dual at 4 p.m. Thursday, May 15, against an opponent to be determined.
They will then compete in the Woodland Tournament on Tuesday, May 20, and Wednesday, May 21, at sites in Greendale and Greenfield.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale boys add Woodland Conference Tournament championship to tennis honors
- Greendale boys golf team captures Woodland Conference mega-mini meet
- Greendale boys golf team surges to first place in Woodland West division
- Greendale softball team continues winning ways, takes second at Cudahy tournament
- Franklin boys track team turns on the jets, wins North invite
- Greendale's Abby Jankowski sets school record in discus at Union Grove meet
- Price to lead Wauwatosa West boys tennis team
- Greendale boys basketball team puts together another strong finish in 2014-15
- Greendale's Josh Michaels puts together all-around game in helping team get back to state
- Boys basketball: Greendale boys basketball team falls to Rice Lake at WIAA state tourney once again