Greendale boys tennis team continues run through Woodland Conference
Panthers prepare for conference tournament
With dual-meet victories over New Berlin Eisenhower, Pius XI and Pewaukee last week, the Greendale boys tennis team remained unbeaten in Woodland Conference action this season.
The Panthers downed Eisenhower, 7-0, on May 5, Pius XI, 5-2, on May 8 and Pewaukee, 6-1, on May 6 to improve to 5-0 in Woodland duals.
Winners against Eisenhower were Ryan Kuzmanovic (6-0, 6-2), Logan Zastrow (6-1, 6-2), Nick Hess (6-1, 6-1), Marko Devcic (6-1, 6-2), the first doubles team of Brad Guendel and Matt Bemis (6-0, 6-1), the second unit of Brandon Cook and Andy Najera (6-0, 6-3) and the third squad of Matt Vraney and Eric Ouellette (7-5, 6-1).
Against Pius, Kuzmanovic won a 7-5, 6-0 match and Guendel and Bemis prevailed 6-0, 6-1.
In the Pewaukee dual, Kuzmanovic took a 6-0, 6-3 decision and Guendel and Bemis won 6-0, 6-0.
The Panthers will play a crossover Woodland dual at 4 p.m. Thursday, May 15, against an opponent to be determined.
They will then compete in the Woodland Tournament on Tuesday, May 20, and Wednesday, May 21, at sites in Greendale and Greenfield.
— John Rech
- Greendale baseball team pulls out three gritty victories to hold Woodland West lead
- Greendale's Thomson bounces back from bad round, moves to up to earn state medal
- Greendale baseball team's winning streak ended by New Berlin West in 11 innings
- Nerves hurt chances for Greendale's Rudd at state track meet
- Nate Thomson, Greendale boys golf team come in second in Woodland Conference Tournament
- Greendale's Magner takes up soccer, later turns in Hall of Fame career at Edgewood College
- Johnson, Greendale softball team shut down South Milwaukee in Woodland game
- Greendale boys golf team overcomes weather, field to capture Franklin Invitational crown
- Returning state runner-up Nate Thomson leads talented Greendale boys golf team
- Greendale boys basketball team enjoyed another high-powered, fun season