Greendale boys tennis team continues run through Woodland Conference
Panthers prepare for conference tournament
With dual-meet victories over New Berlin Eisenhower, Pius XI and Pewaukee last week, the Greendale boys tennis team remained unbeaten in Woodland Conference action this season.
The Panthers downed Eisenhower, 7-0, on May 5, Pius XI, 5-2, on May 8 and Pewaukee, 6-1, on May 6 to improve to 5-0 in Woodland duals.
Winners against Eisenhower were Ryan Kuzmanovic (6-0, 6-2), Logan Zastrow (6-1, 6-2), Nick Hess (6-1, 6-1), Marko Devcic (6-1, 6-2), the first doubles team of Brad Guendel and Matt Bemis (6-0, 6-1), the second unit of Brandon Cook and Andy Najera (6-0, 6-3) and the third squad of Matt Vraney and Eric Ouellette (7-5, 6-1).
Against Pius, Kuzmanovic won a 7-5, 6-0 match and Guendel and Bemis prevailed 6-0, 6-1.
In the Pewaukee dual, Kuzmanovic took a 6-0, 6-3 decision and Guendel and Bemis won 6-0, 6-0.
The Panthers will play a crossover Woodland dual at 4 p.m. Thursday, May 15, against an opponent to be determined.
They will then compete in the Woodland Tournament on Tuesday, May 20, and Wednesday, May 21, at sites in Greendale and Greenfield.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19
- Brown Deer inducts 16 into first Hall of Fame class
- Greendale football team avoids letdown, rolls past Eisenhower 41-14
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Josh Ringelberg spurs Greendale football team past Pewaukee, 37-7
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5
- Greendale cross country teams begin season with fifth at Shorewood
- Greendale spoils Franklin football dedication, 31-14
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Football: Poll: Will Greendale or Franklin win in Week 2 matchup?