Greendale baseball team just keeps on rolling with three victories
Panthers tip rival Greenfield 2-1
The amazing start to the 2014 season for the Greendale baseball team continued in the past week.
The Panthers downed New Berlin Eisenhower 11-5 on June 16, tipped Greenfield 2-1 on June 12 and routed Southeast Wisconsin Christian Homeschool Athletes (SWCHA) 12-2 on June 10.
They improved to 13-1 overall and 4-1 in the Woodland Conference.
Zach Miller pitched five innings in the victory over the Lions, striking out three and walking none. Chris Carloni finished up in the final two frames.
Tristian Pipp went 3-for-5 and drove in two runs, while Angel Ramirez and Ty Ramirez each had two hits. Angel tripled and drove in one run, and Ty belted a home run and brought in two runs.
The Panthers scored in five of six innings, including five runs in the fifth frame.
Ty Ramirez outdueled Ben Fularczyk to beat Greenfield on June 12. Ramirez allowed just one run and struck out six in his six innings of work before giving way to Miller, who pitched a scoreless seventh and picked up the victory.
Ty Ramirez walked with the bases loaded in the bottom of the seventh to bring in Ben Moore with the winning run.
Greendale topped SWCHA on June 10 as Miller drove in four runs and Sam Sabinash doubled twice and brought in three runs. Sabinash, Pipp, Miller and David Wood each collected two hits, with Wood driving in two runs, and sophomore Michael Jankowiak hit his first varsity home run.
Carloni got the victory, hurling four innings and allowing two runs.
The Panthers welcome Whitnall at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 19, and visit Homestead at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 20. They host Waukesha West at 7 p.m. Saturday, June 21.
Greendale visits Pewaukee at 5 p.m. Monday, June 23, and hosts the Pirates at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 24.
-- John Rech
- Wisco to Rio: Miles from home: Greendale's Hilborn to compete in Olympics marathon — for Latvia
- Greendale baseball team enjoyed another winning season, had fun along the way
- Greendale grabs second place in Woodland Conference baseball tournament
- Greendale baseball team brings home third consecutive Woodland Conference West title
- Greendale's Jankowiak, Tomaszewski toss no-hitter in victory over Wauwatosa West
- Greendale baseball team pulls out three gritty victories to hold Woodland West lead
- Greendale's Thomson bounces back from bad round, moves to up to earn state medal
- Greendale baseball team's winning streak ended by New Berlin West in 11 innings
- Nerves hurt chances for Greendale's Rudd at state track meet
- Nate Thomson, Greendale boys golf team come in second in Woodland Conference Tournament