Greendale baseball team just keeps on rolling with three victories
Panthers tip rival Greenfield 2-1
The amazing start to the 2014 season for the Greendale baseball team continued in the past week.
The Panthers downed New Berlin Eisenhower 11-5 on June 16, tipped Greenfield 2-1 on June 12 and routed Southeast Wisconsin Christian Homeschool Athletes (SWCHA) 12-2 on June 10.
They improved to 13-1 overall and 4-1 in the Woodland Conference.
Zach Miller pitched five innings in the victory over the Lions, striking out three and walking none. Chris Carloni finished up in the final two frames.
Tristian Pipp went 3-for-5 and drove in two runs, while Angel Ramirez and Ty Ramirez each had two hits. Angel tripled and drove in one run, and Ty belted a home run and brought in two runs.
The Panthers scored in five of six innings, including five runs in the fifth frame.
Ty Ramirez outdueled Ben Fularczyk to beat Greenfield on June 12. Ramirez allowed just one run and struck out six in his six innings of work before giving way to Miller, who pitched a scoreless seventh and picked up the victory.
Ty Ramirez walked with the bases loaded in the bottom of the seventh to bring in Ben Moore with the winning run.
Greendale topped SWCHA on June 10 as Miller drove in four runs and Sam Sabinash doubled twice and brought in three runs. Sabinash, Pipp, Miller and David Wood each collected two hits, with Wood driving in two runs, and sophomore Michael Jankowiak hit his first varsity home run.
Carloni got the victory, hurling four innings and allowing two runs.
The Panthers welcome Whitnall at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 19, and visit Homestead at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 20. They host Waukesha West at 7 p.m. Saturday, June 21.
Greendale visits Pewaukee at 5 p.m. Monday, June 23, and hosts the Pirates at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 24.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Baseball: Ty Ramirez, Zack Henderson combine on no-hitter in regional contest
- Greendale basketball, baseball coaches enjoy honor of directing stars
- Greendale baseball team finishes regular season with split of 4 games
- Greendale baseball team shows its versatility in sweeping four games
- Greendale baseball team clinches Woodland Conference championship
- Greendale's Mergs honored as athletes of the year at Whitewater
- Greendale baseball success stems from chemistry, pitching, home field
- Greendale's Alex Rendon ties for eighth individually in state golf
- Greendale baseball team just keeps on rolling with three victories
- Sport Shorts: June 12