Taking a successful swing through the south side, the Greendale boys soccer team began the season at 3-0-1.
The Panthers blanked Franklin 2-0 on Aug. 23 behind the third shutout of the season from junior goaltender Noah Schmidt, who made six saves.
Junior midfielder Jacob Kowalski tallied the first goal in the 14th minute, assisted by senior forward John Fauser. The second goal was scored by senior midfielder Austin Pogorzelski, helped by senior midfielder Matt Bemis, in the 71st minute.
Greendale tied Oak Creek 2-2 on Aug. 21 as Fauser scored one goal and assisted Bemis on another. Bemis' goal tied the game with five minutes left.
Sophomore goaltender Majid Ali came up with 10 saves.
Greendale topped Burlington 3-0 on Aug. 20 as junior defender Mile Sever and Kowalski tallied goals and Schmidt made six saves.
The Panthers opened the season on Aug. 19 with an 8-0 triumph over West Allis Central. Fauser scored four goals, while Cody Serrano, freshman midfielder Michael Miksic, Sever and Bemis each tallied once.
Greendale visits Fort Atkinson at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 29, and then begins Woodland Conference play at home against Greenfield at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 3.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale boys basketball team puts together another strong finish in 2014-15
- Greendale's Josh Michaels puts together all-around game in helping team get back to state
- Boys basketball: Greendale boys basketball team falls to Rice Lake at WIAA state tourney once again
- Boys basketball: Greendale boys basketball team holds on to beat Wauwatosa East for return trip to state
- Boys basketball: Greendale boys basketball team rallies past Waukesha North in sectional
- Boys basketball: Josh Ringelberg gives Greendale boys basketball team big boost in regional victory over South Milwau
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers fall to rival Pewaukee in WIAA state sectional dual meet
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers advance four to WIAA Division 1 state meet
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers settle for second in Woodland tourney
- Greendale's Josh Michaels hits 1,000-point scoring mark in victory