Taking a successful swing through the south side, the Greendale boys soccer team began the season at 3-0-1.
The Panthers blanked Franklin 2-0 on Aug. 23 behind the third shutout of the season from junior goaltender Noah Schmidt, who made six saves.
Junior midfielder Jacob Kowalski tallied the first goal in the 14th minute, assisted by senior forward John Fauser. The second goal was scored by senior midfielder Austin Pogorzelski, helped by senior midfielder Matt Bemis, in the 71st minute.
Greendale tied Oak Creek 2-2 on Aug. 21 as Fauser scored one goal and assisted Bemis on another. Bemis' goal tied the game with five minutes left.
Sophomore goaltender Majid Ali came up with 10 saves.
Greendale topped Burlington 3-0 on Aug. 20 as junior defender Mile Sever and Kowalski tallied goals and Schmidt made six saves.
The Panthers opened the season on Aug. 19 with an 8-0 triumph over West Allis Central. Fauser scored four goals, while Cody Serrano, freshman midfielder Michael Miksic, Sever and Bemis each tallied once.
Greendale visits Fort Atkinson at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 29, and then begins Woodland Conference play at home against Greenfield at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 3.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale girls basketball team hopes eight players are enough for 2015-16 season
- Pulizos takes turn as senior leader for Greendale boys basketball team
- Sports Note: Nov. 19, 2015
- Greendale's Jungers caps brilliant swimming career with WIAA state championship
- Girls volleyball: Greendale's remarkable girls volleyball season ends in state quarterfinal
- Greendale's Jungers, Homontowski off to state swimming meet
- Girls volleyball: Greendale girls volleyball team gets past nemesis Muskego, advances to WIAA state tournament
- Football: Mistakes, Wilmot quarterback A.J. Frisby hurt Greendale in WIAA football playoff defeat
- Greendale girls volleyball team captures Woodland Conference Tournament championship
- Greendale football team falls to rival Greenfield in Woodland Conference championship contest