Taking a successful swing through the south side, the Greendale boys soccer team began the season at 3-0-1.
The Panthers blanked Franklin 2-0 on Aug. 23 behind the third shutout of the season from junior goaltender Noah Schmidt, who made six saves.
Junior midfielder Jacob Kowalski tallied the first goal in the 14th minute, assisted by senior forward John Fauser. The second goal was scored by senior midfielder Austin Pogorzelski, helped by senior midfielder Matt Bemis, in the 71st minute.
Greendale tied Oak Creek 2-2 on Aug. 21 as Fauser scored one goal and assisted Bemis on another. Bemis' goal tied the game with five minutes left.
Sophomore goaltender Majid Ali came up with 10 saves.
Greendale topped Burlington 3-0 on Aug. 20 as junior defender Mile Sever and Kowalski tallied goals and Schmidt made six saves.
The Panthers opened the season on Aug. 19 with an 8-0 triumph over West Allis Central. Fauser scored four goals, while Cody Serrano, freshman midfielder Michael Miksic, Sever and Bemis each tallied once.
Greendale visits Fort Atkinson at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 29, and then begins Woodland Conference play at home against Greenfield at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 3.
-- John Rech
- Greendale baseball team enjoyed another winning season, had fun along the way
- Greendale grabs second place in Woodland Conference baseball tournament
- Greendale baseball team brings home third consecutive Woodland Conference West title
- Greendale's Jankowiak, Tomaszewski toss no-hitter in victory over Wauwatosa West
- Greendale baseball team pulls out three gritty victories to hold Woodland West lead
- Greendale's Thomson bounces back from bad round, moves to up to earn state medal
- Greendale baseball team's winning streak ended by New Berlin West in 11 innings
- Nerves hurt chances for Greendale's Rudd at state track meet
- Nate Thomson, Greendale boys golf team come in second in Woodland Conference Tournament
- Greendale's Magner takes up soccer, later turns in Hall of Fame career at Edgewood College