Taking a successful swing through the south side, the Greendale boys soccer team began the season at 3-0-1.
The Panthers blanked Franklin 2-0 on Aug. 23 behind the third shutout of the season from junior goaltender Noah Schmidt, who made six saves.
Junior midfielder Jacob Kowalski tallied the first goal in the 14th minute, assisted by senior forward John Fauser. The second goal was scored by senior midfielder Austin Pogorzelski, helped by senior midfielder Matt Bemis, in the 71st minute.
Greendale tied Oak Creek 2-2 on Aug. 21 as Fauser scored one goal and assisted Bemis on another. Bemis' goal tied the game with five minutes left.
Sophomore goaltender Majid Ali came up with 10 saves.
Greendale topped Burlington 3-0 on Aug. 20 as junior defender Mile Sever and Kowalski tallied goals and Schmidt made six saves.
The Panthers opened the season on Aug. 19 with an 8-0 triumph over West Allis Central. Fauser scored four goals, while Cody Serrano, freshman midfielder Michael Miksic, Sever and Bemis each tallied once.
Greendale visits Fort Atkinson at 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 29, and then begins Woodland Conference play at home against Greenfield at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 3.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Athletic Hall of Fame inductees, their fans share mutual appreciation
- Greendale boys basketball team falters down stretch, falls to New Berlin Eisenhower
- Greendale High School holds inaugural Athletics Hall of Fame Night on Friday
- Pulizos, Thomson boost Greendale boys basketball team past Shorewood
- Endurance, desire helping Greendale girls basketball team overcome severe numbers problems
- Greendale boys basketball team holds on to hand Pewaukee first loss of season
- Greendale boys basketball team holds off tenacious Franklin, 60-55
- Greendale boys basketball team handed first loss of season by New Berlin Eisenhower
- Greendale girls basketball team's 'super six' prevail in overtime against Wauwatosa West
- Greendale High School announces first Athletics Hall of Fame class