The Sabers split two games last week to hold onto second place in the North Division of the Southeast Conference.
Shannon Narlock scored a game-high 17 points and the Sabers came out on the winning side of a seesaw affair with visiting Kenosha Bradford, 50-48, Feb. 9.
Franklin led by six at the half and trailed by one going into the fourth quarter.
Racine Case closed fast for a 60-52 victory at the Bradley Center on Feb. 11. Shayla Glass made three 3-point baskets in the fourth quarter, during which Case outscored Franklin, 26-13.
Nikki Dailey and Mariah Hill had 11 points for the Sabers.
Franklin was to play at South Milwaukee on Feb. 17, and will host Muskego at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 20. Muskego won the first meeting this season, 37-35, Jan. 19 on a last-second shot.
"We thought we should have won at Muskego," Franklin coach Ron Kluth said. "We're going to go at them. We'll have nothing to lose."
The Sabers will begin WIAA Division 1 regional play as the fourth-seeded team in the Greenfield Sectional and play host to 13th-seeded Greenfield at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24.
Angela Rodriguez scored 18 points and Cydney Weisflog added 14 in a 71-27 Southeast Conference rout of visiting South Milwaukee on Feb. 13.
Oak Creek (10-4 in the SEC, 12-6 overall as this week began) never looked back after taking a 21-9 lead into the second quarter. The score was 40-14 at halftime.
Stephanie Running scored 31 points and grabbed 13 rebounds in a 58-55 loss at Muskego on Feb. 13. The loss ended the Knights' two-year reign in the SEC North.
Muskego allowed Oak Creek to stay in the game by making only 16 of 30 free throws line, including six of 12 during the fourth quarter. Oak Creek made 10 of 13 free throws in the game.
The Knights hurt themselves with an unofficial 21 turnovers.
Oak Creek was to host Burlington on Feb. 17, then close the regular season at Racine Park at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 20.
The Knights, seeded fourth in the WIAA Division 1 Whitefish Bay Sectional, will host 13th-seeded Milwaukee Bay View at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 24.
- Jerry Karpowicz,
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale baseball team goes through ups, downs in busy week
- Big innings help boost Greendale baseball team to Woodland victories
- Boys golf: Martin Luther takes runner-up trophy in Division 3 state golf
- Greendale's Thomson just misses individual state golf championship
- Sports Notes: June 18, 2015
- Ramirez strikes out 16 to lead Greendale baseball team past South Milwaukee
- Greendale girls soccer team's state tournament dreams end at hands of Whitefish Bay
- Girls soccer: Two goals from Greendale freshman end New Berlin West's year
- Greendale's Thomson near lead at halfway point of WIAA Division 1 State Golf Tournament
- Greendale's Bemis, Kuzmanovic qualify for WIAAA state tennis tournament