The dominance of the Greendale boys golf team in the Woodland Conference this season was shown in both the team standings and the all-conference honors.
The Panthers posted a total of 310 strokes in winning the 18-hole finale of the conference mega-mini meet on May 15 at Washington County Golf Course, 24 shots better than second-place Pewaukee.
Their overall total for 27 holes stood at 463 shots, 32 better than the Pirates.
Greendale also had four of the top 10 individual combined scores in the mega-mini meet, led by medalist Alexander Rendon at an even-par 108 shots (72 in the 18-hole finale).
Matt Tomczyk tied teammate Nate Thomson for fourth with 116 (79 for Tomczyk, 76 for Thomson).
Dan Jensen finished 10th with 123 (83) and Austin Tans 33rd with 134 (91).
For the overall season, Tomczyk was conference medalist, while Thomson was second and Rendon third. All made the all-conference first team.
Jensen, who was eighth in the conference, made the second unit.
"Our players are really playing well," head coach Lance Wenger said. "Rendon has now had three straight nine-hole rounds of 36. That's not easy, yet I know he can go lower."
Wenger said he likes his team's chances in the WIAA tournament, which began this week.
"We really have three No. 1 players with Matt, Alex and Nate," he said. "I knew they would be good, but quietly having a great year at the fourth spot is Dan Jensen. He's really made great improvement from last year and is a big reason we are setting Greendale record lows for nine and 18 holes."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 5
- Ringelbergs a winning team for Greendale football
- Greendale trio attains All-Suburban honors
- Optimism runs high for Greendale boys basketball team
- Basketball: I played at state: Ashley Imperiale
- Work ethic, leadership key Greendale girls basketball
- Greendale handed stunning state football defeat
- Greendale passing play makes state history
- Social media story: Division 3 prep football state title game: Greendale vs. Monona Grove
- Jungers earns all-state swim honors for Greendale girls