Greendale - The explosiveness of the Greendale boys basketball team was on display again in the consolation game of the West Allis Hale Tournament on Saturday night.
The Panthers sprinted to a 90-67 victory over Milwaukee North behind 33 points from Jordan Perez, who netted 11 of 12 from the free-throw line.
Josh Michaels, Cameron Rowe and David Pulizos each added 12 points, with Rowe connecting on a trio of 3-point field goals. As a team, the Panthers netted seven from 3-point range.
The teams played to a 43-43 tie in a fast-paced first half. After that, though, the Panthers kept on scoring, but their defense also improved as they outscored the Blue Devils 29-4 in the third quarter for a 72-47 advantage.
Greendale improved to 5-6 overall, while North fell to 6-4 on the season.
The Panthers lost a 71-50 game to Kettle Moraine in the first round of the tournament on Friday night. Perez led the way with 16 points, while Pulizos totaled 11 and Michaels nine.
Greendale hosts New Berlin Eisenhower at 7:30 p.m. this Friday as Woodland Conference play resumes. The Panthers went into the holiday break with a 4-4 conference mark.
They then welcome Brookfield East at 7:30 next Tuesday for a non-conference test.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale boys golf team captures Woodland Conference mega-mini meet
- Greendale boys golf team surges to first place in Woodland West division
- Greendale softball team continues winning ways, takes second at Cudahy tournament
- Franklin boys track team turns on the jets, wins North invite
- Greendale's Abby Jankowski sets school record in discus at Union Grove meet
- Price to lead Wauwatosa West boys tennis team
- Greendale boys basketball team puts together another strong finish in 2014-15
- Greendale's Josh Michaels puts together all-around game in helping team get back to state
- Boys basketball: Greendale boys basketball team falls to Rice Lake at WIAA state tourney once again
- Boys basketball: Greendale boys basketball team holds on to beat Wauwatosa East for return trip to state