Greendale - The explosiveness of the Greendale boys basketball team was on display again in the consolation game of the West Allis Hale Tournament on Saturday night.
The Panthers sprinted to a 90-67 victory over Milwaukee North behind 33 points from Jordan Perez, who netted 11 of 12 from the free-throw line.
Josh Michaels, Cameron Rowe and David Pulizos each added 12 points, with Rowe connecting on a trio of 3-point field goals. As a team, the Panthers netted seven from 3-point range.
The teams played to a 43-43 tie in a fast-paced first half. After that, though, the Panthers kept on scoring, but their defense also improved as they outscored the Blue Devils 29-4 in the third quarter for a 72-47 advantage.
Greendale improved to 5-6 overall, while North fell to 6-4 on the season.
The Panthers lost a 71-50 game to Kettle Moraine in the first round of the tournament on Friday night. Perez led the way with 16 points, while Pulizos totaled 11 and Michaels nine.
Greendale hosts New Berlin Eisenhower at 7:30 p.m. this Friday as Woodland Conference play resumes. The Panthers went into the holiday break with a 4-4 conference mark.
They then welcome Brookfield East at 7:30 next Tuesday for a non-conference test.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale Athletic Hall of Fame inductees, their fans share mutual appreciation
- Greendale boys basketball team falters down stretch, falls to New Berlin Eisenhower
- Greendale High School holds inaugural Athletics Hall of Fame Night on Friday
- Pulizos, Thomson boost Greendale boys basketball team past Shorewood
- Endurance, desire helping Greendale girls basketball team overcome severe numbers problems
- Greendale boys basketball team holds on to hand Pewaukee first loss of season
- Greendale boys basketball team holds off tenacious Franklin, 60-55
- Greendale boys basketball team handed first loss of season by New Berlin Eisenhower
- Greendale girls basketball team's 'super six' prevail in overtime against Wauwatosa West
- Greendale High School announces first Athletics Hall of Fame class