Greendale - The explosiveness of the Greendale boys basketball team was on display again in the consolation game of the West Allis Hale Tournament on Saturday night.
The Panthers sprinted to a 90-67 victory over Milwaukee North behind 33 points from Jordan Perez, who netted 11 of 12 from the free-throw line.
Josh Michaels, Cameron Rowe and David Pulizos each added 12 points, with Rowe connecting on a trio of 3-point field goals. As a team, the Panthers netted seven from 3-point range.
The teams played to a 43-43 tie in a fast-paced first half. After that, though, the Panthers kept on scoring, but their defense also improved as they outscored the Blue Devils 29-4 in the third quarter for a 72-47 advantage.
Greendale improved to 5-6 overall, while North fell to 6-4 on the season.
The Panthers lost a 71-50 game to Kettle Moraine in the first round of the tournament on Friday night. Perez led the way with 16 points, while Pulizos totaled 11 and Michaels nine.
Greendale hosts New Berlin Eisenhower at 7:30 p.m. this Friday as Woodland Conference play resumes. The Panthers went into the holiday break with a 4-4 conference mark.
They then welcome Brookfield East at 7:30 next Tuesday for a non-conference test.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greendale baseball team goes through ups, downs in busy week
- Big innings help boost Greendale baseball team to Woodland victories
- Boys golf: Martin Luther takes runner-up trophy in Division 3 state golf
- Greendale's Thomson just misses individual state golf championship
- Sports Notes: June 18, 2015
- Ramirez strikes out 16 to lead Greendale baseball team past South Milwaukee
- Greendale girls soccer team's state tournament dreams end at hands of Whitefish Bay
- Girls soccer: Two goals from Greendale freshman end New Berlin West's year
- Greendale's Thomson near lead at halfway point of WIAA Division 1 State Golf Tournament
- Greendale's Bemis, Kuzmanovic qualify for WIAAA state tennis tournament