Waukesha West High School will host the 14th annual Fox River Marching Band Invitational on Sunday September 26th, 2010. The show will begin at 1:30 P.M. (rain or shine) and will feature some of the finest bands in Wisconsin. Scheduled to perform this year are marching bands from Fort Atkinson, Greendale, Hamilton, New Berlin Eisenhower, Oak Creek, Wisconsin Lutheran, Cudahy, and Waukesha West High Schools.
The Cadets of Waukesha West will perform a special judged exhibition. After their performance, all senior Cadets will be recognized for their years of hard work and dedication to the band. The Cadets of Waukesha West are entering their seventeenth competitive marching band season. They have been Wisconsin State Music Association Division AAAA Marching Band Champions in seven out of the last thirteen years.
Ticket costs for adults are $7.00 at the gate. Children from age six to thirteen are $5.00 and children under 6 are free.
The Fox River Marching Band Invitational has quickly become one of the premier marching band events in the state. The Invitational not only is a great display of marching and music, it also is the West Band Booster’s biggest fundraiser and very important to the overall success of the band program at Waukesha West. The Waukesha West band program relies heavily on the support from the band booster organization to purchase additional instruments and music as well as to supplement other program needs. Over seventy volunteers will work at the contest to make the afternoon an enjoyable event. Great food and beverages will be available for purchase from the concession stand. The unbeatable combination of beautiful fall weather and great music has made this contest a not-to-be-missed fall tradition in our community.
Please call Mr. Dan Duffy, Waukesha West's director of bands, at 262-970-4005 with any questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Greendale Education Association Comments on School Board Race
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- LearningRx Spreads Word About Brain Injury Awareness
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Open House