Young Greendale Resident Performs in First Stage Children’s Theater’s PETER PAN AND WENDY
First Stage Children’s Theater opened its 24th season with a fast-paced adaptation of the classic tale of Wendy and her brothers’ journey through Neverland in PETER PAN AND WENDY, now through November 14, 2010 at the Todd Wehr Theater in the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, 929 N. Water Street in downtown Milwaukee.
Greendale resident Conner Mills (10) appears as Michael (the youngest of the Darling children) in the play. This is his second appearance with First Stage. When asked what he likes most about acting Mills replied, “I like that I can be anyone I want to be when I act. I can go into a whole different personality and be someone besides myself.” Aside from acting, Conner plays the guitar and violin and is a black belt in tae kwon do.
Conner Mills can be seen in First Stage’s PETER PAN AND WENDY running now through November 14. “PETER PAN AND WENDY promises to be an amazingly theatrical production,” said Jeff Frank, First Stage artistic director. “We’ll have actors and set pieces manipulated in the tradition of Japanese Bunraku – multiple puppeteers dressed completely in black to manipulate the puppets, or in this case the actors themselves. This will allow us to have actors fly through the clouds, travel to magical places and engage in spectacular battles with marauding pirates – all within the confines of our theater space,” continued Frank.
PETER PAN AND WENDY is recommended for everyone ages 5 and up. For more information or to purchase tickets visit www.firststage.org
Saturday, October 23 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 24 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Friday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 30 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 6 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, November 7 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 13 at 3:30 & 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 14 at 1:00 & 3:30 p.m.
Todd Wehr Theater at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, downtown Milwaukee
Tickets start at $11.50 and can be purchased online at www.FirstStage.org, at the Marcus Center box office by phone at (414) 273-7206 or toll free (888) 612-3500, and in person at 929 N. Water Street in downtown Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Help Those in Need: Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive Runs February 1 – 29
- Buddhist Monk from Singapore Visits Great Lake Zen Center for Open House
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee NARI Gold Award
- Greenfield student collaborates with Layton Terrace to complete Eagle Scout Project