Rebecca Carvalho, a student at Greendale High School has been selected for the 2011 American High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall. She will be a part of the Honors Choir as a Soprano 1. Participation in the Honors Orchestra, Honors Band, and Honors Choir is limited to the highest rated high school performers from across North America.
Rebecca Carvalho auditioned this fall for the Honors Performance Series and was accepted after a review by the Selection Board committee. Acceptance to the elite group is a direct result of the talent, dedication, and achievements demonstrated in her application and audition recording. Rebecca will join other performers from the United States and Canada for a special performance at world-famous Carnegie Hall, a venue that marks the pinnacle of musical achievement.
Finalists will come together for five days in February 2011 in New York City to have the opportunity to learn from conductor Dr. Eph Ehly, work with other Finalists, and get a taste of New York City. The 2011 conductors are Dr. Eph Ehly, Dr. Charles Peltz and Jeffrey Grogan. The Saturday, February 19 performance is available to the public and specially-invited representatives from collegiate music programs.
The Honors Performance Series was created to showcase accomplished individual high school performers by allowing them to study under master conductors and perform in the celebrated venue, Carnegie Hall. Learn more by visiting www.honorsperformance.org.
Any contribution to help Rebecca fund this opportunity to represent Greendale, Wisconsin at this Carnegie Hall performance would be appreciated. Please contact GHS Choir Director Erica Wilkinson for information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Help Those in Need: Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive Runs February 1 – 29
- Buddhist Monk from Singapore Visits Great Lake Zen Center for Open House
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee NARI Gold Award
- Greenfield student collaborates with Layton Terrace to complete Eagle Scout Project