The 10th annual Empty Bowls fundraiser will be held at Greendale High School, 6801 Southway, on Saturday, March 19 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
For a donation of $10.00, guests will enjoy a meal of homemade soup and fresh bread served in a handmade ceramic bowl which may be taken home as a reminder of hunger in the community. Proceeds of the event will benefit the Hunger Task Force of Milwaukee.
Students in art, business, digital productions, family and consumer education, information technology, orchestra, special education and social studies throughout the Greendale School District have been using skills they’ve learned in the classroom to lead and carry out every aspect of this event. Over the past nine years, more than $60,000 has been raised to feed the hungry and the Empty Bowls project has engaged over 3,000 students in service learning.
Tickets are available at the Greendale High School Office. No tickets will be available at the door. For more information and a ticket order form, please visit http://www.greendale.k12.wi.us/.
- Milwaukee local graduates from Concord Law School
- Fire Fighters Urge Caution Near Fireworks on Independence Day
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- Martin Luther Baseball Sets Records, Earns Honors
- Local Soccer Player to Be Honored by Chicago MLS
- First Outdoor Movie of the Summer in Greendale
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Kesslers Introduces The Swan Collection of Rings, Pendants
- Lemberg Invests in Its Future Leadership