The 10th annual Empty Bowls fundraiser will be held at Greendale High School, 6801 Southway, on Saturday, March 19 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
For a donation of $10.00, guests will enjoy a meal of homemade soup and fresh bread served in a handmade ceramic bowl which may be taken home as a reminder of hunger in the community. Proceeds of the event will benefit the Hunger Task Force of Milwaukee.
Students in art, business, digital productions, family and consumer education, information technology, orchestra, special education and social studies throughout the Greendale School District have been using skills they’ve learned in the classroom to lead and carry out every aspect of this event. Over the past nine years, more than $60,000 has been raised to feed the hungry and the Empty Bowls project has engaged over 3,000 students in service learning.
Tickets are available at the Greendale High School Office. No tickets will be available at the door. For more information and a ticket order form, please visit http://www.greendale.k12.wi.us/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Memorial Day Program
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Engineering Students Sorting Out Details of a Tough Project
- Mark Your Calendar K4 and K5 Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- River Cruise Seminar
- Catholic Singles Beach Party Dance
- Feast of the Sacred Heart Celebration
- Thrive! Wisdom of Life™ Announces 3 New Coaches
- LOCAL SOPRANO WINS $1000.00 SCHOLARSHIP