[Benefit to Raise Money for Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Victims]
Community members will come together for the Rock 4 Red Cross Relief on April 8, 2011, at the American Serb Hall to help fund the American Red Cross relief efforts in Japan. This event, hosted by the Miles Production Group/Miles Entertainment, will feature some of Milwaukee’s finest musicians, all donating their time and talent to the cause.
The Rock 4 Red Cross Relief will raise money for the victims in Japan and support the American Red Cross in its relief efforts. Admission is a $10.00 donation at the door, and all donations go to the American Red Cross. Performers will include Joe Richter, Pete D’more, Eroc from Black Frog, Jasen Kinart, Mary Beth Anthony Band, David Marshall Band, Razors Edge (AC/DC tribute band), 33 RPM Band (classic album rock), and more. Entertainment begins at noon and ends at 2:00 a.m. The Serb Hall fish fry will be available for purchase throughout the day.
“The Rock 4 Red Cross Relief is an uplifting event, and it will give community members the opportunity to make a difference for those affected by the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan on March 12,” said Gordon Miles of Miles Entertainment. “We have been supported by generous donations of local businesses, such as Uncle Bob’s Music and the American Serb Hall.” The event’s media partners are WKLH-FM 96.5, WMIL-FM 106.1, WITI-TV Fox 6, and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Milwaukee-area musicians who are interested in donating their time and/or talent or those wishing to make cash or raffle item donations can contact Gordon Miles at 414-543-4274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
[About the American Red Cross]
The American Red Cross is the nation’s premier emergency response organization that has nearly 700 locally supported chapters. It was established in 1881, and it is dedicated to aiding victims of war and natural disasters. The American Red Cross aims to prevent and relieve suffering, and it relies on donations of time, money, and blood to do its work. It is an organization that allows people to help their neighbors in their backyards or across the ocean.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Florentine Opera Insights: Julius Caesar
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive March 1 - 31 to Help People in Need in Milwaukee and Around the World
- The Comedy Depot Brookfield March 7th & 8th
- Collaborative Divorce Group to host Second Saturday workshops at Oak Creek Community Center April 12th 10am-Noon
- Hymn Festival at Hales Corners Lutheran Church
- Summer Ballet Auditions at the Academy of Classical Ballet
- Hales Corners Woman’s Club Offering Scholarships