The Postal Service will honor Academy Award-winning actor Gregory Peck today with the issuance of a new collectible Forever stamp.
Elected the greatest screen hero of all time by the American Film Institute, Peck appeared in more than 60 films during a career that included five nominations for the Academy Award for Best Actor. He won the Oscar for his performance as defense attorney Atticus Finch in “To Kill a Mockingbird,” a character that Peck said was closest to his own heart. The stamp portrait is a still photograph from the film.
Peck becomes the 17th inductee in the Legends of Hollywood collectible stamp series, which includes Marilyn Monroe, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Bette Davis, Katharine Hepburn and other cinematic greats. Peck’s own favorite role, and the one for which he is most remembered, is Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird (1962).
On April 28, 2011, in Beverly Hills, California, the Postal Service will issue a Gregory Peck commemorative stamp (Forever priced at 44 cents), in one design in a pressure-sensitive adhesive pane of 20 stamps. The stamp, designed by Phil Jordan, Falls Church, Virginia, will go on sale nationwide April 28, 2011.
Stop in at the Greenfield Post Office to pick up your forever stamps of Gregory Peck, we will be happy to assist you.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Great Decisions Series Week Two at Franklin Public Library
- Great Decisions Series Begins at Franklin Public Library
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner - February 20th!
- 6 Tool u13 Baseball Looking for 1 more Player
- Phoenix weekly: Despite injury, Luke has no regrets
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!