The Postal Service will honor Academy Award-winning actor Gregory Peck today with the issuance of a new collectible Forever stamp.
Elected the greatest screen hero of all time by the American Film Institute, Peck appeared in more than 60 films during a career that included five nominations for the Academy Award for Best Actor. He won the Oscar for his performance as defense attorney Atticus Finch in “To Kill a Mockingbird,” a character that Peck said was closest to his own heart. The stamp portrait is a still photograph from the film.
Peck becomes the 17th inductee in the Legends of Hollywood collectible stamp series, which includes Marilyn Monroe, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Bette Davis, Katharine Hepburn and other cinematic greats. Peck’s own favorite role, and the one for which he is most remembered, is Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird (1962).
On April 28, 2011, in Beverly Hills, California, the Postal Service will issue a Gregory Peck commemorative stamp (Forever priced at 44 cents), in one design in a pressure-sensitive adhesive pane of 20 stamps. The stamp, designed by Phil Jordan, Falls Church, Virginia, will go on sale nationwide April 28, 2011.
Stop in at the Greenfield Post Office to pick up your forever stamps of Gregory Peck, we will be happy to assist you.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- 2015 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 24; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Dental Associates Plans for Waukesha Clinic
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, October 11th
- Community Events at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- Airport seeks volunteers at information desk
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs