The Postal Service will honor Academy Award-winning actor Gregory Peck today with the issuance of a new collectible Forever stamp.
Elected the greatest screen hero of all time by the American Film Institute, Peck appeared in more than 60 films during a career that included five nominations for the Academy Award for Best Actor. He won the Oscar for his performance as defense attorney Atticus Finch in “To Kill a Mockingbird,” a character that Peck said was closest to his own heart. The stamp portrait is a still photograph from the film.
Peck becomes the 17th inductee in the Legends of Hollywood collectible stamp series, which includes Marilyn Monroe, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Bette Davis, Katharine Hepburn and other cinematic greats. Peck’s own favorite role, and the one for which he is most remembered, is Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird (1962).
On April 28, 2011, in Beverly Hills, California, the Postal Service will issue a Gregory Peck commemorative stamp (Forever priced at 44 cents), in one design in a pressure-sensitive adhesive pane of 20 stamps. The stamp, designed by Phil Jordan, Falls Church, Virginia, will go on sale nationwide April 28, 2011.
Stop in at the Greenfield Post Office to pick up your forever stamps of Gregory Peck, we will be happy to assist you.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Food Drive For Hunger Task Force to be Featured in St. Patrick’s Day Parades
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Children's Resale at Franklin Library
- Understanding the Journey of Grief...Making Healing Choices Along the Way
- Collaborative Divorce Group to hold Second Saturday workshop April 12th 10am-Noon Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Florentine Opera Insights: Julius Caesar
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive March 1 - 31 to Help People in Need in Milwaukee and Around the World