The Postal Service will honor Academy Award-winning actor Gregory Peck today with the issuance of a new collectible Forever stamp.
Elected the greatest screen hero of all time by the American Film Institute, Peck appeared in more than 60 films during a career that included five nominations for the Academy Award for Best Actor. He won the Oscar for his performance as defense attorney Atticus Finch in “To Kill a Mockingbird,” a character that Peck said was closest to his own heart. The stamp portrait is a still photograph from the film.
Peck becomes the 17th inductee in the Legends of Hollywood collectible stamp series, which includes Marilyn Monroe, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Bette Davis, Katharine Hepburn and other cinematic greats. Peck’s own favorite role, and the one for which he is most remembered, is Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird (1962).
On April 28, 2011, in Beverly Hills, California, the Postal Service will issue a Gregory Peck commemorative stamp (Forever priced at 44 cents), in one design in a pressure-sensitive adhesive pane of 20 stamps. The stamp, designed by Phil Jordan, Falls Church, Virginia, will go on sale nationwide April 28, 2011.
Stop in at the Greenfield Post Office to pick up your forever stamps of Gregory Peck, we will be happy to assist you.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chant Claire Chamber Choir Announces Spring Concerts
- "Biggest Loser" contestant Lisa Rambo in Franklin on April 26th & 27th
- LUNCHEON/PRESENTATION IN FERCH'S NEWLY EXPANDED SPACE
- Spring Market Returns to SM High School on April 26th
- THE STARR GROUP HIRES TAYLOR NYARANGI AS GROUP BENEFITS CONSULTANT
- Grand Opening Activities Highlight Importance of Photos
- St. Clare Street Fair
- Newman Civic Fellows Award for 2014
- Eat at Ruby Tuesday in Greendale April 17-19 to Benefit Second Hand Purrs
- Dulcie Schupe, Watercolor Artist at Tudor Oaks