The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association (MARTA) is pleased to announce the recipients of this year’s MARTA Education Career Scholarship: Emilee Deck of St. Francis, Dunya Khoury of Greendale, and Lauren Rosa of West Allis.
Emilee Deck, currently a senior at St. Francis High School, plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in the Fall. Robert and Patricia Deck accompanied their daughter to the May 9th MARTA luncheon where Emilee was formally presented her scholarship.
Dunya Khoury did some volunteer tutoring that helped her decide on a career in education. She is headed for the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee after graduating from Greendale High School this Spring.
Lauren Rosa attends Nathan Hale High School where she is involved in many school activities. She plans to attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the Fall to begin her studies that will lead to a career in education.
Since 1990, MARTA has been awarding scholarships to graduates of Milwaukee County public high schools who plan to pursue a degree in education. This year’s recipients will each receive $1,000 toward the cost of their freshman year at the college of their choice.
The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association wishes Emilee, Dunya, Lauren and all graduating seniors much success as they pursue additional education.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner - February 20th!
- 6 Tool u13 Baseball Looking for 1 more Player
- Phoenix weekly: Despite injury, Luke has no regrets
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Help Those in Need: Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive Runs February 1 – 29