The Franklin Force U14 Girls Softball Team went undefeated this weekend in winning the New Berlin Magic Tournament. The girls started playing Friday, July 8th and went 3 and 0. They played early Friday with a convincing win over the Oak Creek Queen of Diamonds. The second game pitted the Force against the host team New Berlin Magic. The last game on Friday the Force taking on the Muskego Hornets.
Saturday's action started with the Force being one of the top seeds after pool play. They began play against the Mequon Heat. Franklin outscored the Heat to keep advancing in the single elimination part of the tournament. The second game saw the Force outduel Whitnall and eliminated Whitnall from the tournament.
After beating Whitnall it was time to play for the championship against the Germantown Thunder. The Force jumped on Germantown's opening pitcher for some early runs and forced Germantown to change pitchers in the second inning. The Force ahead through the entire game could not put the Thunder away until the last inning, with the final being 16-12.
The Franklin Force U14 Team consists of girls from all over Southeast Wisconsin.
The team Natalie Burton, Kayla Culbertson-Kuntner, Breanna Guenther, Tyler Jeschke, Heather Justus, Stephanie Lombardo, Kienna Matus, Sierra Pope, Robyn Radovich, Carrie Siekierski, Melissa Wiorek, Katie Zakszewski.
The team is coached by Curtis Justus, Joe Kuntner, and Pat Zakszewski.
Congratulations Franlin Force U14 for a great win!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Florentine Opera Insights: Julius Caesar
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive March 1 - 31 to Help People in Need in Milwaukee and Around the World
- The Comedy Depot Brookfield March 7th & 8th
- Collaborative Divorce Group to host Second Saturday workshops at Oak Creek Community Center April 12th 10am-Noon
- Hymn Festival at Hales Corners Lutheran Church
- Summer Ballet Auditions at the Academy of Classical Ballet
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry