“Hitting all the Bases” takes aim at obesity epidemic
Nearly two-thirds of Wisconsin residents are either obese or overweight. The health problems that accompany excess pounds are serious and sometimes life threatening.
That’s why Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin, the Milwaukee Brewers and Fox 6 are teaming up to host a free community event offering information and support to people who are struggling with weight and related health issues. “Hitting all the Bases—A Comprehensive Weight Loss Event” will feature weight loss specialists, workshops and exhibits focused on topics from healthy eating to sleep disorders and bariatric surgery.
The event will be held at Miller Park on Saturday, September 17, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Space is limited and registration is required by September 14. Participants must be at least 18 years of age. To register, call 800-272-3666, or for more information, visit www.froedtert.com/lose. Free pedometers and 90-day memberships to the Wisconsin Athletic Club-Wauwatosa will be offered to the first 150 people who attend.
Workshops will feature Medical College of Wisconsin specialists in weight-related health conditions such as metabolic syndrome, diabetes, sleep apnea and more. Surgeons specializing in obesity surgery will explain surgical options for weight control. Nutrition and eating strategies also will be explored.
Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin combine the strengths of Froedtert Hospital and The Medical College in an academic medical center that delivers advanced medical care. Froedtert & The Medical College are nationally recognized for exceptional physicians, research leadership, specialty expertise and state-of-the-science treatments and technology. For more information, visit froedtert.com and mcw.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- New Products Now Available at Appliance Gallery
- Sky Zone Hosts First Responder “Thank You” Night
- OAK CREEK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Shop Franklin Public Library’s Bonus Book Sale
- Franklin Public Library Author Event with Dr. Raymond Wu