Greendale resident Wayne Caufield and three others will be inducted into the Wisconsin Hockey Hall of Fame at Eagle River on September 11, 2011. Caufield, currently a ten year member of the Greendale Lions, is a native of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. He played junior hockey in the Detroit Redwings system. While attending Algoma College, he played for the Sault Ste. Marie Canadians.
Caufield moved to Wisconsin in November 1972 to be a player/coach for the Milwaukee Admirals and played through the 1976-77 season. As an assistant coach in the 1976-77 season, the Admirals were the USHL champions. During this period, Caufield became involved with Milwaukee SHAW, where his son began playing in 1973. For the next 16 years, Caufield coached both house and travel teams from mites through high school, and won the State Tournaments in 1984 for high school and 1986 for midgets. During this time, Caufield conducted annual hockey clinics for more than 25 years at State Fair Park and Wilson Park Arenas.
While continuing to play as an adult in the Men's Metro Milwaukee Hockey Association, Caufield also coached the Milwaukee Flyers Hockey Club in 1988-89. In 1989, he became the association coach for Pius XI High School and continued through the 1992-93 season. Caufield continues to follow and support youth hockey. He and his wife Eileen have two sons, Paul and Ryan, and five grandchildren.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shear Madness
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Billie Kubly to Receive Evan P. Helfaer Award for Philanthropic Leadership
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Help clients plan and prepare for a retirement that is both financially and emotionally successful
- Device Workshop
- 16U Franklin Flame Fastpitch Wounded Warrior Fundraiser
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- Fox River Invitational
- Wounded Warriors Play in Waukesha