Legendary a cappella group Sweet Honey in the Rock will be performing at Alverno College’s Pitman Theatre, 39th St. and Morgan Avenue, on Saturday, October 8th at 8 p.m
Single tickets are $45.00. Tickets may be purchased through the Alverno Presents Box Office at 414-382-6044 or on-line at http://alvernopresents.alverno.edu
Sweet Honey in the Rock has built a distinguished legacy over the past three decades as one of the most celebrated ambassadors of a cappella music. In the process, they created their own unique style and interpretation of a cappella music by fusing five soulful voices with the texture, harmonic blend, and raw quality that is indigenous and true to authentic a cappella music. In essence, they’ve created their very own sound, with the perfect mix of “vocals” and “a cappella,” which is captured in a wide range of musical genres including, blues, spirituals, traditional gospel hymns, rap, reggae, African chants, Hip Hop, ancient lullabies, and jazz improvisation.
Alverno Presents, the performing arts series of Alverno College, is celebrating its 52nd year. The series has innovated beyond our history as the longest running, continuous arts presenter in the city, to our niche of presenting contemporary dance, world music and jazz. Alverno Presents shares the school’s mission by ensuring broad access to and participation in learning, experiencing and developing the arts for the learning community of Alverno, and our community as a whole.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New "Sporkies" Food Competition Has Wisconsin State Fair Vendors Competing For Coveted Golden Spork Award
- GMS Author Visit Promotes Literacy, Love of Books!
- Free Culinary Camps for High School Students to be Held at MATC’s Oak Creek Campus in June
- Memorial Day Program
- Children's Medical Grants Now Available in Wisconsin from the UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation
- Engineering Students Sorting Out Details of a Tough Project
- Mark Your Calendar K4 and K5 Open House
- Virtual Education: Why it can work for you
- River Cruise Seminar
- Catholic Singles Beach Party Dance