One-hundred eighty-four students will walk across the Alverno College Pitman Theatre stage (39th St. and Morgan Ave.) on December 17 at 2 p.m. to receive their undergraduate degrees. Forty-one master’s candidates will receive their degrees from Alverno on Friday, December 16, at 7:30 p.m., in Alverno’s Wehr Hall, 4100 W. Morgan Avenue.
Commencement activities for undergraduates will begin with an 11 a.m. liturgy in the Alverno College chapel, followed by a brunch for degree candidates and their families. The undergraduate commencement introduction will be given by Mara Henningsen, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business and Management; the undergraduate invocation will be given by Margaret Wambui, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Management Accounting; and the student address, “Scissors Are Sharp,” will be given by Susan Russ-Belhumeur, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Community Leadership. The graduate commencement invocation will be given by Michelle Westrich, who will receive a Master of Science in Nursing Education. A champagne reception will follow the graduate commencement ceremony. Russ-Belhumeur and Henningsen are Milwaukee residents, Wambui is from Kenya, and Westrich is from Racine.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, business and community psychology that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Florentine Opera Insights: Julius Caesar
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive March 1 - 31 to Help People in Need in Milwaukee and Around the World
- The Comedy Depot Brookfield March 7th & 8th
- Collaborative Divorce Group to host Second Saturday workshops at Oak Creek Community Center April 12th 10am-Noon
- Hymn Festival at Hales Corners Lutheran Church
- Summer Ballet Auditions at the Academy of Classical Ballet
- Hales Corners Woman’s Club Offering Scholarships