North Shore Bank will be collecting cans of soup at all Southeastern Wisconsin branches from Monday, Jan. 23 – Sunday, Feb. 5, in an effort to sack hunger in Souper Bowl II. All of the cans collected will go to Hunger Task Force, and anyone that supports the cause can sign up to win two box seats for a game at Lambeau Field during the 2012 regular football season.
“Our goal is to collect 1,200 cans, which is the amount needed to line them up side by side across the entire length of a football field – an official touchdown,” said Sue Doyle, vice president of branch operations at North Shore Bank. “We encourage all customers, friends and neighbors to stop by any of our branches, donate canned goods and help us tackle hunger here in Southeast Wisconsin.”
In addition to holding a can collection, four branches will be holding a soup and chili taste-testing on Friday, Feb. 3 from 11 a.m. to 2p.m. People can vote for their favorite soups at the following locations:
• Southridge: 5101 S. 76th Street, Greendale
• Sussex: W249n6600 Hwy 164, Sussex
• Wauwatosa: 8706 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa
• Westgate: 4923 Washington Avenue, Racine
The public is encouraged to watch the Souper Bowl action at North Shore Bank’s website, where the grand total from all branches will be updated daily on the football field.
North Shore Bank, headquartered in Brookfield, is one of the strongest banks in the country. It has assets of nearly $1.8 billion and more than 45 offices throughout eastern Wisconsin, and northern Illinois. Wisconsin branch locations are in metro Milwaukee, Ozaukee County, Racine, Kenosha, Appleton, Menasha, the Green Bay area, Burlington, Union Grove, Muskego, and Door County. Locate a North Shore Bank office. You can also follow North Shore Bank on Facebook and Twitter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Economic Developments on the Horizon in Oak Creek and Franklin
- The Travels of Pat Ostergren
- THE MYTHS AND REALITIES OF COLLEGE RECRUITING
- Day Trip to Chicago - Treat Yourself!
- Largest Youth Football Scrimmage in the State?
- African Children's Choir In-Concert at Hales Corners Lutheran
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- $80,000 raised to benefit Aurora Visiting Nurse Association