North Shore Bank will be collecting cans of soup at all Southeastern Wisconsin branches from Monday, Jan. 23 – Sunday, Feb. 5, in an effort to sack hunger in Souper Bowl II. All of the cans collected will go to Hunger Task Force, and anyone that supports the cause can sign up to win two box seats for a game at Lambeau Field during the 2012 regular football season.
“Our goal is to collect 1,200 cans, which is the amount needed to line them up side by side across the entire length of a football field – an official touchdown,” said Sue Doyle, vice president of branch operations at North Shore Bank. “We encourage all customers, friends and neighbors to stop by any of our branches, donate canned goods and help us tackle hunger here in Southeast Wisconsin.”
In addition to holding a can collection, four branches will be holding a soup and chili taste-testing on Friday, Feb. 3 from 11 a.m. to 2p.m. People can vote for their favorite soups at the following locations:
• Southridge: 5101 S. 76th Street, Greendale
• Sussex: W249n6600 Hwy 164, Sussex
• Wauwatosa: 8706 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa
• Westgate: 4923 Washington Avenue, Racine
The public is encouraged to watch the Souper Bowl action at North Shore Bank’s website, where the grand total from all branches will be updated daily on the football field.
North Shore Bank, headquartered in Brookfield, is one of the strongest banks in the country. It has assets of nearly $1.8 billion and more than 45 offices throughout eastern Wisconsin, and northern Illinois. Wisconsin branch locations are in metro Milwaukee, Ozaukee County, Racine, Kenosha, Appleton, Menasha, the Green Bay area, Burlington, Union Grove, Muskego, and Door County. Locate a North Shore Bank office. You can also follow North Shore Bank on Facebook and Twitter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Greendale Choir Teacher featured in GCT’s production of Legally Blonde: The Musical
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Greendale Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st