MATC Criminal Justice Student Organization Hosts Community Chili Cook-Off to Raise Funds for Police Officer Support Team
The Milwaukee Area Technical College Criminal Justice Student Organization (CJSO) will host the fourth annual Community Chili Cook-Off charity event from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 21, at the Oak Creek Community Center, 8580 S. Howell Ave., Oak Creek. MATC students, faculty and staff; local police and fire departments: and area restaurants will donate chili and items for a silent auction to raise funds to benefit the Police Office Support Team (POST).
Cost is $3 for a bowl of chili, $15 for “all you can eat,” and $10 with a student ID. A contest will be held to choose the best chili.
The CJSO hopes to raise $10,000 to support POST, which helps members of the law enforcement community who are suffering from emotional, personal, physical or stress-related difficulties gain access to high quality support services. POST was founded by Milwaukee police officers in 1986, but serves all members of the law enforcement community and their families regardless of jurisdiction or department.
For more information, contact Shannon Fettig at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Dailey at (414) 571-4590.
Wisconsin’s largest technical college and the most diverse two-year institution in the Midwest, Milwaukee Area Technical College is a key driver of southeastern Wisconsin’s economy and has provided innovative education in the region since 1912. Approximately 50,000 students per year attend the college’s four campuses and community-based sites or learn online. MATC offers affordable and accessible education and training opportunities that empower and transform lives in the community. The college offers 200 academic programs; nearly 400 transfer options leading to bachelor’s degrees; and a Pre-College Education division that assists people to
complete high school, prepare for college or enter the workforce. Overwhelmingly, MATC
graduates build careers and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin. The college is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission, the national standard for academics and student services
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26
- Greendale Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Named One of the Top Footwear Stores In America