Kyle Billman plays Greville MacDonald in " A Bright Particular Star".
Greville was the son of writer George MacDonald.
The play follows the story of Lilia MacDonald who discovers through the numerous plays the family puts on for the poor and friends that she has a
gift for acting. Acting was a profession highly frowned upon by Victorian society especially for females. Greville encourages Lilia to pursue her God given talents. Lilia is torn between following the desires of her father and fiancées and her own passion for the theater. Lilia must make a choice between following her head or her heart.
George MacDonald was a well-known writer in the mid to late 1800's. He was an inspiration for many writers especially a young C.S. Lewis.
“I regard George MacDonald as my master; indeed, I have never written a book in which I did not quote from him.” ~~C.S. Lewis.
March 23, 24, 29, 30, 31 at 7:30 P.M
March 25 & April 1 at 2:00 P.M.
at Eastbrook Church, 5385 N. Green Bay Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53209
Single tickets range from $10.00-$16.00
$2.00 discount for Seniors, Students and Groups
Tickets can be purchased on our website @ www.morningstarproductions.org, calling us at 414-228-5220 ext. 385. Or at the door.
Right to left Greville MacDonald ( Kyle Billman) , George MacDonald (Alan Atwood), Charles Granet de La Rue (Neil Vanides) and Lilia MacDonald (Christina Crawford) act out Macbeth for friends of the family.
Photos by Peter Jakubowski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- New Products Now Available at Appliance Gallery
- Sky Zone Hosts First Responder “Thank You” Night
- OAK CREEK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Shop Franklin Public Library’s Bonus Book Sale
- Franklin Public Library Author Event with Dr. Raymond Wu