Kyle Billman plays Greville MacDonald in " A Bright Particular Star".
Greville was the son of writer George MacDonald.
The play follows the story of Lilia MacDonald who discovers through the numerous plays the family puts on for the poor and friends that she has a
gift for acting. Acting was a profession highly frowned upon by Victorian society especially for females. Greville encourages Lilia to pursue her God given talents. Lilia is torn between following the desires of her father and fiancées and her own passion for the theater. Lilia must make a choice between following her head or her heart.
George MacDonald was a well-known writer in the mid to late 1800's. He was an inspiration for many writers especially a young C.S. Lewis.
“I regard George MacDonald as my master; indeed, I have never written a book in which I did not quote from him.” ~~C.S. Lewis.
March 23, 24, 29, 30, 31 at 7:30 P.M
March 25 & April 1 at 2:00 P.M.
at Eastbrook Church, 5385 N. Green Bay Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53209
Single tickets range from $10.00-$16.00
$2.00 discount for Seniors, Students and Groups
Tickets can be purchased on our website @ www.morningstarproductions.org, calling us at 414-228-5220 ext. 385. Or at the door.
Right to left Greville MacDonald ( Kyle Billman) , George MacDonald (Alan Atwood), Charles Granet de La Rue (Neil Vanides) and Lilia MacDonald (Christina Crawford) act out Macbeth for friends of the family.
Photos by Peter Jakubowski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Art and Nature Come Together at the First Annual Artists in The Garden Weekend at the Boerner Botanical Gardens in Whitnall Park, September 12th and 13th, 2015
- New Study Spaces at Franklin Public Library
- New Berlin Swim Club Tryouts
- Franklin Public Library Author Talk with Carrie Reichartz
- Back to School Special
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Reserve Your Booth at the Workforce Development Center Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Packer Party at P&A Nails!
- Oktoberfest Festival at St. Martin of Tours