The MacDowell Club of Milwaukee is hosting a marathon for music students ages 14-19 to be held Sunday afternoon, the 29th of April, 2012, in Schwan Hall at the Wisconsin Lutheran College, 8815 West Wisconsin Avenue, Wausatosa.
The marathon is open to vocalists, organists, pianists and acoustic instrumentalists studying classical music. Ten-minute performing slots will be assigned between 1:30 and 5:30 on a first come, first served basis.
Thanks to a grant from the Argosy Foundation, there will be prizes of $200, $150 and $100 awarded for the three most outstanding performances. The event is open to the public with a suggested donation of $5, all proceeds to benefit the MacDowell Club Scholarship Fund.
Applications are due by April 20th.and, to ensure an appearance, early registration is recommended. Required are a recommendation from the student’s music teacher, sponsorship(s) totaling a minimum of $25, and the completed application form listing the repertoire to be played which must include a work composed since 1992. Application forms are available via the MacDowell Club web site (macdowellclubmilwaukee.org).
For questions about vocal repertoire, contact Christine O’Meally at email@example.com and Suzanne Pajunen at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding instrumental pieces.
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Martin Luther Softball Advances with Regional Win
- Greendale Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- Martin Luther Softball Wins Milwaukee Lutheran Tourney
- Scouting fundraiser donated to Greendale Veterans Memorial.
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Greendale Alumni Launches Company
- Relay for Life at Oak Creek High School on Friday, May 20th
- Martin Luther Baseball in Driver's Seat
- Race to the Parade Registration Now Open For Run/Walk for Greendale Marching Band