The MacDowell Club of Milwaukee is hosting a marathon for music students ages 14-19 to be held Sunday afternoon, the 29th of April, 2012, in Schwan Hall at the Wisconsin Lutheran College, 8815 West Wisconsin Avenue, Wausatosa.
The marathon is open to vocalists, organists, pianists and acoustic instrumentalists studying classical music. Ten-minute performing slots will be assigned between 1:30 and 5:30 on a first come, first served basis.
Thanks to a grant from the Argosy Foundation, there will be prizes of $200, $150 and $100 awarded for the three most outstanding performances. The event is open to the public with a suggested donation of $5, all proceeds to benefit the MacDowell Club Scholarship Fund.
Applications are due by April 20th.and, to ensure an appearance, early registration is recommended. Required are a recommendation from the student’s music teacher, sponsorship(s) totaling a minimum of $25, and the completed application form listing the repertoire to be played which must include a work composed since 1992. Application forms are available via the MacDowell Club web site (macdowellclubmilwaukee.org).
For questions about vocal repertoire, contact Christine O’Meally at email@example.com and Suzanne Pajunen at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding instrumental pieces.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 6th grade basketball team in in of players
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library
- Christmas in the Grove Nov. 7-8
- Relay for Life Luminaria Walk, Sunday October 19th at 6:00pm