The MacDowell Club of Milwaukee is hosting a marathon for music students ages 14-19 to be held Sunday afternoon, the 29th of April, 2012, in Schwan Hall at the Wisconsin Lutheran College, 8815 West Wisconsin Avenue, Wausatosa.
The marathon is open to vocalists, organists, pianists and acoustic instrumentalists studying classical music. Ten-minute performing slots will be assigned between 1:30 and 5:30 on a first come, first served basis.
Thanks to a grant from the Argosy Foundation, there will be prizes of $200, $150 and $100 awarded for the three most outstanding performances. The event is open to the public with a suggested donation of $5, all proceeds to benefit the MacDowell Club Scholarship Fund.
Applications are due by April 20th.and, to ensure an appearance, early registration is recommended. Required are a recommendation from the student’s music teacher, sponsorship(s) totaling a minimum of $25, and the completed application form listing the repertoire to be played which must include a work composed since 1992. Application forms are available via the MacDowell Club web site (macdowellclubmilwaukee.org).
For questions about vocal repertoire, contact Christine O’Meally at firstname.lastname@example.org and Suzanne Pajunen at email@example.com regarding instrumental pieces.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- A Twist on Writers’ Night at the Franklin Public Library
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Summer Performances at the Oak Creek Community Center
- New Products Now Available at Appliance Gallery
- Sky Zone Hosts First Responder “Thank You” Night
- OAK CREEK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- American Cancer Society Seeks Teams for Relay For Life of Milwaukee on June 19
- Shop Franklin Public Library’s Bonus Book Sale