Melina Martin Gingras is pleased to announce the grand opening of Midwest Yarn, a yarn shop and boutique that caters to knitters, crocheters, and those who would like to learn these crafts. Located at 3385 S. Kinnickinnic Avenue, Midwest Yarn offers high quality yarn, knitting courses, and one-on-one help with knitting projects. This shop features a boutique like atmosphere and will carry yarn, pattern books, knit and crochet supplies, and handmade items from local artists and crafters.
Melina, the owner, has been a knitter for over 20 years and is eager to bring a yarn shop to the Bay View community. Come in for the official grand opening celebration which will be held on Tuesday, June 5, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Open knit and crochet time will be held in the shop before then on Saturday, May 19, May 26, and June 2 from 10:00 am to noon. In the mean time, browse Midwest Yarn’s selection on its website http://www.midwestyarn.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Julius Jr. Experience Comes to Greendale at Southridge Mall on Sept. 20
- Fox River Invitational
- Wounded Warriors Play in Waukesha
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th
- Eagle Scout Project Dedication this Sunday, September 14, 2014
- Local Youth Advocate Attends Anti-Tobacco Training in Washington, D.C.
- South Milwaukee Music at the Market Series Starts Sept 11th
- St. Martin of Tours Dollar Days Calendar Raffle
- 2014 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 25; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- All You Can Eat Breakfast September 14th