Greendale’s own - Katie Postotnik is a semi-finalist in this year’s New York Musical Festival’s (NYMF) “Next Broadway Sensation 2012” contest. Nearly 200 people turned out to compete for the title of NYMF's Next Broadway Sensation and Katie made it through the first two rounds to the semi-finalist heats. She is 1 of 20 performers vying to be NYMF’s “Next Broadway Sensation”. Katie needs your help to make it to the final round. There are still 2 more slots open for the final competition, which is this Friday, October 5.
You can help by voting for Katie. Go to http://broadwayworld.com/nymf2012votesave.cfm to log your votes.
Voting will close at 5PM EST on Wednesday Oct 3rd.
Katie sang Justin Bieber’s “Baby: for semi-finals of the competition.
Katie Postotnik, attended St. Alphonus Grade School and was a Greendale High School 2005 graduate, who was involved with their marching band, choirs, theatre program and various GHS sports. Katie is a Greendale Community Theatre (GCT) alum, who graduated from Oklahoma City University in Musical Theatre. Katie now resides in New York City. She has just completed a year-long, national tour with Rock of Ages, as Regina.
Learn more visit her website: www.katiepostotnik.com.
The winner will be awarded a solo showcase concert at a well known live music venue in New York, which is produced by NYMF and Grammy Award winning producer Sh-K-Boom Records, and promoted by Broadwayworld.
In an exciting first, the 8 Grand Finalists this year will be asked to return the week following their heat, to take part in a special concert produced by NYMF and The ASCAP Foundation in which all 8 finalists will be paired with prominent ASCAP Music Theatre Composers to perform songs by the composers and the evening will be hosted by Grammy® and Oscar® winning composer Stephen Schwartz!
The following week, winners will take part in the NNBS Grand Final event, where one lucky winner will be selected as the 2012 Next Broadway Sensation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Great Decisions Series Week Two at Franklin Public Library
- Great Decisions Series Begins at Franklin Public Library
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner - February 20th!
- 6 Tool u13 Baseball Looking for 1 more Player
- Phoenix weekly: Despite injury, Luke has no regrets
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!