Premiering for the first time in Skylight Music Theatre’s 54 year history is the beloved musical, The Sound of Music, the true story of the von Trapp Family singers complete with cherished Rogers and Hammerstein melodies. Skylight’s production of the classic musical will feature the largest cast to date with a total of 62 members. Twenty-three of those members are youth actors from the local Milwaukee area including one from Greendale.
Mikaela Schneider (Trio) – Mikaela made her solo debut with Andreas Delfs and the Milwaukee Symphony at age 13, singing Bernstein’s Chichester Psalms. She then sang as soloist under the baton of Marvin Hamlisch with the Milwaukee Symphony, Dallas Symphony and the National Symphony at the John F. Kennedy Center. Mikaela will perform the upcoming role of Emmie in Florentine Opera’s Albert Herring.
The show will run from November 16 to December 31 in the Cabot Theatre. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Skylight box office at 414-291-7800 or online at www.skylightmusictheatre.org. Filled with childhood favorites like “Do-Re-Mi”, “My Favorite Things” and “Edelweiss”, The Sound of Music is the perfect family show for the holiday season!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MADACC Adopt A Shelter Cat Promotions
- Salvatorians Unite for National Assembly in Hales Corners
- Greendale Students Get Ready for Summer Reading
- Attorney Robert L. Habush Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Greendale Community Theatre Announces 2013 Summer Show: Les Misérables
- Village of Shorewood Seeks Artists for Plein Air Art Festival
- World War II Vet Shares His Experiences with 8th Graders
- GROWING YOUR BUSINESS IN A DOWN ECONOMY WORKSHOP IS LESS THAN 2 WEEKS AWAY
- Muskego Impact Pound Butler Bombers
- Wisconsin Ranks 20th for Senior Health