Alverno College students will help feed those in need by donating 170 Thanksgiving dinners to Hunger Task Force. The dinners, which include a turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls and pie, will feed nearly 700 people. The cost of the dinners is $55, and Alverno students used money from their personal meal plans to pay for the holiday dinners. The Athletics department and Food Services Inc. also contributed. This is the third year Alverno College students have donated Thanksgiving dinners. Last year a total of 118 dinners were given to local charities, feeding nearly 500 people.
“We are proud that our students came through for the community and gave even more than last year,” said Vicki Schreiber, assistant dean of students. “Thanks to their generous donations, 170 families who may not have celebrated Thanksgiving will now have dinner on the table.”
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For two years in a row, Alverno College was ranked first in the Midwest for doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit our Web site at www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Two Local Milwaukee Angels Win Conference Players of the Year
- Greendale High School alum Kamilah Lay awarded scholarship
- Callen’s Remodeling Tips to Save Energy, the Environment
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!
- Enroll NOW K3-8th Grades St. Martin of Tours
- Murder Mystery Dinner to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Rock'n Food Truck Rally Heads Back to Franklin!