Feb. 5, 2013
For More Information:
Lynn Brockmeyer, WPT publicist, 608-263-3364, email@example.com
John Gerbig, WPT producer, 608-265-4444, firstname.lastname@example.org
The State Honors Concerts, airing 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25 on Wisconsin Public Television, (WPT) offers excerpts from the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) High School Honors Concerts for band, orchestra, mixed choir and treble choir. It features some of Wisconsin’s best young musical talents in performance at Madison’s Overture Center.
Performing with the orchestra are Christopher Carloni on string bass, Katie Voss on viola and Joshua Baerwald on cello. They all attend Greendale High School.
The State Honors Concerts kicks off WPT’s multiyear Young Performers Initiative that celebrates Wisconsin’s young artists.
The WSMA State Honors Music Project brings Wisconsin’s top young musicians to work together with nationally known conductors in a highly disciplined, professional setting. The students in grades 9 through 11 were selected from more than 1,400 who auditioned.
WPT is a service of the Educational Communications Board and University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Wisconsin Public Television is a place to grow through learning on WHA-TV/Madison; WPNE-TV/Green Bay; WHRM-TV/Wausau; WLEF-TV/Park Falls; WHLA-TV/La Crosse; and WHWC-TV/Menomonie-Eau Claire.
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Two Local Milwaukee Angels Win Conference Players of the Year
- Greendale High School alum Kamilah Lay awarded scholarship
- Callen’s Remodeling Tips to Save Energy, the Environment
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!
- Enroll NOW K3-8th Grades St. Martin of Tours
- Murder Mystery Dinner to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Rock'n Food Truck Rally Heads Back to Franklin!