Artwork created by Greendale Middle School (GMS) students is on display as part of the Seventh Annual Milwaukee Regional Art Fair at the Oconomowoc Art Center, 641 East Forest Street, Oconomowoc. More than 100 pieces from students around the area is displayed in the 2013 show. The art center is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, noon to 4 p.m. and Thursdays, noon to 6 p.m. now through March 8.
GMS students Margaret Anagnostopoulos, Alexys Birmingham, Quinten Eismann, Ana Gonzalez, Jane Gozdowiak, Tyler Magerowski, Kaylee Reeve, Katelyn Salazar, Sydney Schact, Morgan Vlaj and their families attended the event’s opening and awards presentation on February 16. Their displayed works include digital photographs, acrylic paintings, watercolor paintings, and charcoal drawings.
The Milwaukee Regional Art Fair (MRAF) is a program of Wisconsin College Prep Academy. Each year, area art teachers submit works to the preliminary judging stage from which the final show is selected. Independent jurors select the best works from submitted middle school and high school students.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Faith Academy and Faith Community Church Pumpkin Fundraiser
- Franklin Lacrosse Spring Season Registration Now Open!
- MATC to Hold Open House at Oak Creek Campus Oct. 17
- Code & Go: fun, interactive coding event for girls in grades K5-8
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- 2015 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 24; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Dental Associates Plans for Waukesha Clinic
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY