Earlier this month, College Park elementary school students in Greendale raised $160 in a “Hearts for Heroes” service learning project. Decorated paper hearts were sold for $1 each and the school’s Student Council Empathy Committee used the funds collected to purchase three Long Distance Bedtime Story packs for military families.
The bedtime story kits allow deployed servicemen and women to choose a book and record themselves reading it for their family. The College Park books are earmarked for a group of Wisconsin military being deployed in April.
“The College Park community is happy to help children in military families feel connected to their parents while they are away,” said Kerry Owens-Bur, principal of College Park. “We are pleased to help the parents stay involved in fostering a love of reading in their children.”
Long Distance Bedtime Story packs are part of the USO United Through Reading Military Program. For more information on the program visit http://usowishbook.uso.org.
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Martin Luther Softball Advances with Regional Win
- Greendale Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- Martin Luther Softball Wins Milwaukee Lutheran Tourney
- Scouting fundraiser donated to Greendale Veterans Memorial.
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Greendale Alumni Launches Company
- Relay for Life at Oak Creek High School on Friday, May 20th
- Martin Luther Baseball in Driver's Seat
- Race to the Parade Registration Now Open For Run/Walk for Greendale Marching Band