Canterbury school students in Greendale enjoyed a reward for their efforts in physical fitness recently – a Radio Disney Dance Party. K5-5th graders participated in “Get Active, Get Fit Challenge” sponsored by Radio Disney and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. This is the second year that Canterbury students have won the contest.
Over 130 Wisconsin schools submitted participation results to the contest and Canterbury was among the 20 schools in the state awarded the party and $500 worth of physical education equipment.
Staff from Radio Disney brought in a complete light and music production to school’s gym and led students and staff with songs and activities.
The “Get Active, Get Fit Challenge” is a yearly activity that encourages daily physical movement for students. The goal is for every student to engage in at least 20 minutes of activity for a minimum of 40 of the 55 days between October and November every year. Teachers and students track their progress based on recess, physical education, and other opportunities for physical activity at school and at home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses
- Valentines Event to Benefit Firefighter Non-Profit Group
- New Spring Programming for Children at Franklin Public Library
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"