Canterbury school students in Greendale enjoyed a reward for their efforts in physical fitness recently – a Radio Disney Dance Party. K5-5th graders participated in “Get Active, Get Fit Challenge” sponsored by Radio Disney and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. This is the second year that Canterbury students have won the contest.
Over 130 Wisconsin schools submitted participation results to the contest and Canterbury was among the 20 schools in the state awarded the party and $500 worth of physical education equipment.
Staff from Radio Disney brought in a complete light and music production to school’s gym and led students and staff with songs and activities.
The “Get Active, Get Fit Challenge” is a yearly activity that encourages daily physical movement for students. The goal is for every student to engage in at least 20 minutes of activity for a minimum of 40 of the 55 days between October and November every year. Teachers and students track their progress based on recess, physical education, and other opportunities for physical activity at school and at home.
- Greendale Resident Receives Alverno College Degree
- Martin Luther Softball Wins Milwaukee Lutheran Tourney
- Scouting fundraiser donated to Greendale Veterans Memorial.
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Greendale Alumni Launches Company
- Relay for Life at Oak Creek High School on Friday, May 20th
- Martin Luther Baseball in Driver's Seat
- Race to the Parade Registration Now Open For Run/Walk for Greendale Marching Band
- Last week for residents to apply for Milwaukee County Energy Assistance Program
- K3, K4, and K5 Open House Play Date