Canterbury school students in Greendale enjoyed a reward for their efforts in physical fitness recently – a Radio Disney Dance Party. K5-5th graders participated in “Get Active, Get Fit Challenge” sponsored by Radio Disney and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. This is the second year that Canterbury students have won the contest.
Over 130 Wisconsin schools submitted participation results to the contest and Canterbury was among the 20 schools in the state awarded the party and $500 worth of physical education equipment.
Staff from Radio Disney brought in a complete light and music production to school’s gym and led students and staff with songs and activities.
The “Get Active, Get Fit Challenge” is a yearly activity that encourages daily physical movement for students. The goal is for every student to engage in at least 20 minutes of activity for a minimum of 40 of the 55 days between October and November every year. Teachers and students track their progress based on recess, physical education, and other opportunities for physical activity at school and at home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Greendale Education Association Comments on School Board Race
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- LearningRx Spreads Word About Brain Injury Awareness
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Open House