Canterbury school students in Greendale enjoyed a reward for their efforts in physical fitness recently – a Radio Disney Dance Party. K5-5th graders participated in “Get Active, Get Fit Challenge” sponsored by Radio Disney and Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. This is the second year that Canterbury students have won the contest.
Over 130 Wisconsin schools submitted participation results to the contest and Canterbury was among the 20 schools in the state awarded the party and $500 worth of physical education equipment.
Staff from Radio Disney brought in a complete light and music production to school’s gym and led students and staff with songs and activities.
The “Get Active, Get Fit Challenge” is a yearly activity that encourages daily physical movement for students. The goal is for every student to engage in at least 20 minutes of activity for a minimum of 40 of the 55 days between October and November every year. Teachers and students track their progress based on recess, physical education, and other opportunities for physical activity at school and at home.
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Two Local Milwaukee Angels Win Conference Players of the Year
- Greendale High School alum Kamilah Lay awarded scholarship
- Callen’s Remodeling Tips to Save Energy, the Environment
- “Cave Quest” Vacation Bible School at Faith Community Church, July 18 - 22
- Free Bluegrass Concert July 10th
- NOW OPEN FOR LUNCH AND DINNER 7 days a week!
- Enroll NOW K3-8th Grades St. Martin of Tours
- Murder Mystery Dinner to Benefit Kenya Kids
- Rock'n Food Truck Rally Heads Back to Franklin!