Greendale High School’s “Teens with Impact” group hosted Eggspress Yourself, an event for 7th and 8th graders at Greendale Middle School. The session was held to help the younger students “break out of their shells” and prepare for high school. Twenty-five high school students led 103 middle school students in games, discussions, and activities. They also shared a pizza dinner and listened to a guest speaker.
At Greendale High, Teens with IMPACT is a program to enhance school efforts in promoting drug-free learning environments and healthy lifestyle choices. The program has been effective in presenting younger children with accurate information and relevant decision-making skills. Students make presentations to the middle schoolers, assisting them in their transition to high school, answering their questions and easing anxiety.
Students in 9th through 12th grades are recruited and trained as peer educators. These students are selected according to their commitment to live a healthy lifestyle and their desire to serve as positive role models for their peers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Corporate Housing in Brookfield, WI - Special Pricing
- Greendale Students Meet Senator Lazich
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses
- Valentines Event to Benefit Firefighter Non-Profit Group
- New Spring Programming for Children at Franklin Public Library