Greendale High School’s “Teens with Impact” group hosted Eggspress Yourself, an event for 7th and 8th graders at Greendale Middle School. The session was held to help the younger students “break out of their shells” and prepare for high school. Twenty-five high school students led 103 middle school students in games, discussions, and activities. They also shared a pizza dinner and listened to a guest speaker.
At Greendale High, Teens with IMPACT is a program to enhance school efforts in promoting drug-free learning environments and healthy lifestyle choices. The program has been effective in presenting younger children with accurate information and relevant decision-making skills. Students make presentations to the middle schoolers, assisting them in their transition to high school, answering their questions and easing anxiety.
Students in 9th through 12th grades are recruited and trained as peer educators. These students are selected according to their commitment to live a healthy lifestyle and their desire to serve as positive role models for their peers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- L’Oréal Paris Providing Complimentary Blowouts at THE SALON at ULTA Beauty - April 25th
- K3, K4 and K5 Open House
- St Clare Street Fair
- May Writers’ Night at the Franklin Public Library
- Greenfield Artist Brian Kuether Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Ladies Luncheon Featuring Chef Zac Licau
- "9 and Dine" Firebird Open Golf Event
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, April 19th
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2