Greendale High School’s “Teens with Impact” group hosted Eggspress Yourself, an event for 7th and 8th graders at Greendale Middle School. The session was held to help the younger students “break out of their shells” and prepare for high school. Twenty-five high school students led 103 middle school students in games, discussions, and activities. They also shared a pizza dinner and listened to a guest speaker.
At Greendale High, Teens with IMPACT is a program to enhance school efforts in promoting drug-free learning environments and healthy lifestyle choices. The program has been effective in presenting younger children with accurate information and relevant decision-making skills. Students make presentations to the middle schoolers, assisting them in their transition to high school, answering their questions and easing anxiety.
Students in 9th through 12th grades are recruited and trained as peer educators. These students are selected according to their commitment to live a healthy lifestyle and their desire to serve as positive role models for their peers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- Agape Players Announces Performance Times and Locations
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Greendale Choir Teacher featured in GCT’s production of Legally Blonde: The Musical
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Greendale Artists at Firefly Art Fair