Greendale Reads - "Flight Behavior"
Discussion: Tuesday, April 9 at 7 p.m.
Greendale Safety Center - 5911 W. Grange
Set in rural Tennessee, this novel tells the story of Dellarobia Turnbow, a razor-sharp 29-year-old who nurtured worldly ambitions before becoming pregnant and marrying at seventeen. Now, after more then a decade of tending to small children on a failing farm, oppressed by poverty, isolation and her husband's antagonistic family, she has mitigated her boredom by surrendering to an obsessive flirtation with a much younger man. In the opening scene, she is headed to meet this man at a remote mountain cabin. The tryst never takes place because on her way she witnesses a forested valley ablaze with millions of butterflies. Her discovery of this rare phenomenon ignites a media and religious firestorm that changes her life forever.
This community-wide book discussion is free and open to the public. Registration is required. Please contact the library at (414) 423-2136 (or email@example.com) for additional infomation, or to register.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Florentine Opera Insights: Julius Caesar
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive March 1 - 31 to Help People in Need in Milwaukee and Around the World
- The Comedy Depot Brookfield March 7th & 8th
- Collaborative Divorce Group to host Second Saturday workshops at Oak Creek Community Center April 12th 10am-Noon
- Hymn Festival at Hales Corners Lutheran Church
- Summer Ballet Auditions at the Academy of Classical Ballet
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry