Greendale Reads - "Flight Behavior"
Discussion: Tuesday, April 9 at 7 p.m.
Greendale Safety Center - 5911 W. Grange
Set in rural Tennessee, this novel tells the story of Dellarobia Turnbow, a razor-sharp 29-year-old who nurtured worldly ambitions before becoming pregnant and marrying at seventeen. Now, after more then a decade of tending to small children on a failing farm, oppressed by poverty, isolation and her husband's antagonistic family, she has mitigated her boredom by surrendering to an obsessive flirtation with a much younger man. In the opening scene, she is headed to meet this man at a remote mountain cabin. The tryst never takes place because on her way she witnesses a forested valley ablaze with millions of butterflies. Her discovery of this rare phenomenon ignites a media and religious firestorm that changes her life forever.
This community-wide book discussion is free and open to the public. Registration is required. Please contact the library at (414) 423-2136 (or firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional infomation, or to register.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dental Associates Plans for Waukesha Clinic
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, October 11th
- Community Events at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- Airport seeks volunteers at information desk
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs
- Prepare Plumbing for Cool Weather
- Santa's Coming to Gift of Wings
- Protect your vision, know the 3 leading causes of blindness
- Annual Free Genealogy Workshop to be held at the Milwaukee Family History Center