Greendale Reads - "Flight Behavior"
Discussion: Tuesday, April 9 at 7 p.m.
Greendale Safety Center - 5911 W. Grange
Set in rural Tennessee, this novel tells the story of Dellarobia Turnbow, a razor-sharp 29-year-old who nurtured worldly ambitions before becoming pregnant and marrying at seventeen. Now, after more then a decade of tending to small children on a failing farm, oppressed by poverty, isolation and her husband's antagonistic family, she has mitigated her boredom by surrendering to an obsessive flirtation with a much younger man. In the opening scene, she is headed to meet this man at a remote mountain cabin. The tryst never takes place because on her way she witnesses a forested valley ablaze with millions of butterflies. Her discovery of this rare phenomenon ignites a media and religious firestorm that changes her life forever.
This community-wide book discussion is free and open to the public. Registration is required. Please contact the library at (414) 423-2136 (or email@example.com) for additional infomation, or to register.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Corporate Housing in Brookfield, WI - Special Pricing
- Greendale Students Meet Senator Lazich
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses
- Valentines Event to Benefit Firefighter Non-Profit Group