Greendale Reads - "Flight Behavior"
Discussion: Tuesday, April 9 at 7 p.m.
Greendale Safety Center - 5911 W. Grange
Set in rural Tennessee, this novel tells the story of Dellarobia Turnbow, a razor-sharp 29-year-old who nurtured worldly ambitions before becoming pregnant and marrying at seventeen. Now, after more then a decade of tending to small children on a failing farm, oppressed by poverty, isolation and her husband's antagonistic family, she has mitigated her boredom by surrendering to an obsessive flirtation with a much younger man. In the opening scene, she is headed to meet this man at a remote mountain cabin. The tryst never takes place because on her way she witnesses a forested valley ablaze with millions of butterflies. Her discovery of this rare phenomenon ignites a media and religious firestorm that changes her life forever.
This community-wide book discussion is free and open to the public. Registration is required. Please contact the library at (414) 423-2136 (or email@example.com) for additional infomation, or to register.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Greendale Choir Teacher featured in GCT’s production of Legally Blonde: The Musical
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Greendale Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st
- Faith Community Church Offers Evening VBS for Kids, July 21 - 25