Franklin Lacrosse Club was finally able to open its 2013 season, the teams first at the varsity level, with an away game Tuesday night and despite missing some key players to injury, unable to hold any outdoor practices
with two games already cancelled due to weather gave a solid effort against an experienced Waukesha team before losing 10 - 6.
Franklins lack of outdoor practice showed early as errant passes , poor positional play led to turnovers and some early goals and momentum for the home team. As the game wore on however the Franklin squad shook off the poor start and 35 degree temperatures to score some goals of their own.
The improved play in the second half gave the team confidence and rewarded the fans who made the trip. Sophomore goalie Noah Bachhoven made numerous saves to keep the game somewhat close while he waited for his team to get rolling.
Scoring goals for Franklin were seniors Mikey Coakley , Jared Hoffmann, Joseph Jensen and junior Michael Cuske .
Franklin Lacrosse Clubs next game is Monday April 22, 7:00 start time versus Wauwatosa @ Wauwatosa West High School. Free admission
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pediatric Advocate to speak at Franklin Public Library
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- St. Martin of Tours - Oktoberfest 2014
- Harvest! Halloween and Harvest Shopping Market is October 3-5 at Hawthorne Hill Farm
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Paranormal Investigators of Milwaukee to Speak About All Things Ghostly
- Come Experience Wisconsin’s Most Haunted with Chad Lewis
- Shear Madness
- 3rd Annual Greenfield H.S. Cheerleaders Rummage Sale
- Billie Kubly to Receive Evan P. Helfaer Award for Philanthropic Leadership