Franklin Lacrosse Club was finally able to open its 2013 season, the teams first at the varsity level, with an away game Tuesday night and despite missing some key players to injury, unable to hold any outdoor practices
with two games already cancelled due to weather gave a solid effort against an experienced Waukesha team before losing 10 - 6.
Franklins lack of outdoor practice showed early as errant passes , poor positional play led to turnovers and some early goals and momentum for the home team. As the game wore on however the Franklin squad shook off the poor start and 35 degree temperatures to score some goals of their own.
The improved play in the second half gave the team confidence and rewarded the fans who made the trip. Sophomore goalie Noah Bachhoven made numerous saves to keep the game somewhat close while he waited for his team to get rolling.
Scoring goals for Franklin were seniors Mikey Coakley , Jared Hoffmann, Joseph Jensen and junior Michael Cuske .
Franklin Lacrosse Clubs next game is Monday April 22, 7:00 start time versus Wauwatosa @ Wauwatosa West High School. Free admission
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Help Those in Need: Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive Runs February 1 – 29
- Buddhist Monk from Singapore Visits Great Lake Zen Center for Open House
- Allrite Home & Remodeling Wins Milwaukee NARI Gold Award
- Greenfield student collaborates with Layton Terrace to complete Eagle Scout Project