Recently, 8th graders at Greendale Middle School hosted a visit from Eugene "Gene" Schulz, a World War II Veteran, and his wife Elanore. Students in 8th grade have been studying WWII and have watched the Honor Flight movie, which inspired them to learn more about the veterans from this war.
A parent of one of the 8th graders who is associated with the Honor Flight arranged this visit. Mr. Schulz told a first-hand account of his experiences, including a presentation with photos he took during WWII, and also shared his fond memories of his Honor Flight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 8U Zone Baseball Looking To Fill Out Its Roster
- SCORE announces February Business Training Schedule
- Miss West Allis/New Berlin Scholarship Program
- Spring Fling Family Dance Workshop
- Daddy & Daughter Dance Party
- Free Help with Tax Returns Offered at MATC's Oak Creek and Downtown Milwaukee Campuses
- Valentines Event to Benefit Firefighter Non-Profit Group
- New Spring Programming for Children at Franklin Public Library
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Bartelt Named "Best of Houzz 2015"