Recently, 8th graders at Greendale Middle School hosted a visit from Eugene "Gene" Schulz, a World War II Veteran, and his wife Elanore. Students in 8th grade have been studying WWII and have watched the Honor Flight movie, which inspired them to learn more about the veterans from this war.
A parent of one of the 8th graders who is associated with the Honor Flight arranged this visit. Mr. Schulz told a first-hand account of his experiences, including a presentation with photos he took during WWII, and also shared his fond memories of his Honor Flight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Inspired by a Home Improvement Show? Do Your Homework.
- Asset Allocation: A Step to Balancing Your Portfolio
- Missing Cat
- Hales Corners Lutheran Church presents annual Christmas Musical
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Comes Alive
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- South Milwaukee Christmas Market Returns on Dec. 5th
- ‘Tis the Season
- 58th Annual Christmas Holly Fair
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief