Recently, 8th graders at Greendale Middle School hosted a visit from Eugene "Gene" Schulz, a World War II Veteran, and his wife Elanore. Students in 8th grade have been studying WWII and have watched the Honor Flight movie, which inspired them to learn more about the veterans from this war.
A parent of one of the 8th graders who is associated with the Honor Flight arranged this visit. Mr. Schulz told a first-hand account of his experiences, including a presentation with photos he took during WWII, and also shared his fond memories of his Honor Flight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Florentine Opera Insights: Julius Caesar
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive March 1 - 31 to Help People in Need in Milwaukee and Around the World
- The Comedy Depot Brookfield March 7th & 8th
- Collaborative Divorce Group to host Second Saturday workshops at Oak Creek Community Center April 12th 10am-Noon
- Hymn Festival at Hales Corners Lutheran Church
- Summer Ballet Auditions at the Academy of Classical Ballet
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry