Recently, 8th graders at Greendale Middle School hosted a visit from Eugene "Gene" Schulz, a World War II Veteran, and his wife Elanore. Students in 8th grade have been studying WWII and have watched the Honor Flight movie, which inspired them to learn more about the veterans from this war.
A parent of one of the 8th graders who is associated with the Honor Flight arranged this visit. Mr. Schulz told a first-hand account of his experiences, including a presentation with photos he took during WWII, and also shared his fond memories of his Honor Flight.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Greendale Choir Teacher featured in GCT’s production of Legally Blonde: The Musical
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Greendale Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Relay For Life of the Southern 8 - August 1st