Salvatorians – “Called to be Apostles for the World”
One hundred seventy priests, brothers, sisters and lay men and women representing each branch of the Salvatorian Family will come together in Milwaukee for a national assembly of its North American members. The week culminates with a celebration honoring Jubilees.
“I think our founder, Fr. Francis Jordan would be very pleased to see all three branches of his Family meeting, praying and planning for five days and then celebrating Jubilees on the sixth day,” said Fr. Glen Willis.
Sr. Virginia Honish agrees, saying, “Having all members of the Salvatorian Family represented while learning and discussing topics that are at the heart of who we are, is a profound experience of collaboration.” She adds, “At the end of the national assembly we can say that, together, we learned many things and are called to new spiritual depths and challenges.”
National Assembly (June 17-21, 2013)
Mon., June 17
7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Opening prayer service
Wed., June 19
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. “Mission, Evangelization, Discipleship”
1:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. “What on Earth Does it Mean to be an Apostle?
Thur., June 20
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. “Christian Spirituality, Mission and Apostolate”
6:30 p.m. Liturgy with celebrant Fr. Tony Grittins, CSSp
Fri., June 21
11:00 a.m. Liturgy and Missioning Ceremony
Sat., June 22
Jubilarian Celebration 11:00 a.m.
WHERE: Sacred Heart School of Theology
7335 S. Hwy 100, Hales Corners, Wis.
As long ago as the 1800s, Salvatorian founder John Baptist Jordan envisioned a Catholic movement of women and men religious, along with lay women and men, both married and single, serving as equals with a common mission. Today, each branch of the Salvatorian Family maintains its autonomy in day-to-day decisions, yet unique to religious orders, work closely with one another to set priorities for social, educational and pastoral ministries in the U.S. and abroad. The global Salvatorian Family of 3,100 members comprises Sisters of the Divine Savior, priests and brothers of the Society of the Divine Savior and Lay Salvatorian women and men. Together, they serve in 45 countries on six continents.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CigarMKE SPRING FLING EVENT - FEBRUARY 21ST
- Children's Resale at Franklin Library
- Understanding the Journey of Grief...Making Healing Choices Along the Way
- Collaborative Divorce Group to hold Second Saturday workshop April 12th 10am-Noon Oak Creek Community Center
- Alverno College students to “Stuff the Bus” a third time to help homeless
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner
- Florentine Opera Insights: Julius Caesar
- How Do You Make It Funny...Comedy Secrets Revealed
- Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive March 1 - 31 to Help People in Need in Milwaukee and Around the World
- The Comedy Depot Brookfield March 7th & 8th