Students and families from Greendale’s Canterbury Elementary School teamed up with Northwestern Mutual to support Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation during the spring semester. The school community raised $1,048.05, one cup at a time, for the organization by hosting lemonade stands at various functions and on certain Fridays.
Nichole Lecher, Assistant Director, Strategic Philanthropy and Community Relations Childhood Cancer Program at Northwestern Mutual, visited Canterbury in March to launch its program and read a book to students about Alex and the mission of her foundation. Lecher returned last week for a check presentation by Canterbury students.
To learn more about Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and to make a donation on behalf of Canterbury, visit http://www.alexslemonade.org/campaign/northwestern-mutual. The project name is Canterbury CARES.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner - February 20th!
- 6 Tool u13 Baseball Looking for 1 more Player
- Phoenix weekly: Despite injury, Luke has no regrets
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Franklin Public Library Acquires Gale Courses for Community Education
- Whitnall High School to Host National Wheelchair Basketball Tournament Feb. 5-7
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Backgammon Tournament Wednesday, Feb. 3!
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
- Help Those in Need: Stan’s “Share-A-Pair” Shoe Drive Runs February 1 – 29