Students and families from Greendale’s Canterbury Elementary School teamed up with Northwestern Mutual to support Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation during the spring semester. The school community raised $1,048.05, one cup at a time, for the organization by hosting lemonade stands at various functions and on certain Fridays.
Nichole Lecher, Assistant Director, Strategic Philanthropy and Community Relations Childhood Cancer Program at Northwestern Mutual, visited Canterbury in March to launch its program and read a book to students about Alex and the mission of her foundation. Lecher returned last week for a check presentation by Canterbury students.
To learn more about Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and to make a donation on behalf of Canterbury, visit http://www.alexslemonade.org/campaign/northwestern-mutual. The project name is Canterbury CARES.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Milwaukee IndyFest Returns to The Milwaukee Mile July 11-12
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- Annual Flag Day at The Berkshire of Greendale
- WAMI WINNER SCOTT E. BERENDT & THE US PROJECT TO PERFORM AT FOURTH OF JULY COMMUNITY BASH
- Real Time - First Friday Performance Series at Danceworks
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- Marching Band Competition at New Berlin Eisenhower High School
- UMDF Energy For Life Walk Held at Greenfield Park on September 26
- Greendale Resident Finishing Term of Service with Milwaukee Nonprofit