Students and families from Greendale’s Canterbury Elementary School teamed up with Northwestern Mutual to support Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation during the spring semester. The school community raised $1,048.05, one cup at a time, for the organization by hosting lemonade stands at various functions and on certain Fridays.
Nichole Lecher, Assistant Director, Strategic Philanthropy and Community Relations Childhood Cancer Program at Northwestern Mutual, visited Canterbury in March to launch its program and read a book to students about Alex and the mission of her foundation. Lecher returned last week for a check presentation by Canterbury students.
To learn more about Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and to make a donation on behalf of Canterbury, visit http://www.alexslemonade.org/campaign/northwestern-mutual. The project name is Canterbury CARES.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Thomas More High School Prepares for Recycling Drive
- 2015 Franklin Lioness Craft Fair Set for Oct. 24; Proceeds Support Scholarships for MATC Students
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- Dental Associates Plans for Waukesha Clinic
- INTERFAITH HOSTING ANNUAL NEIGHBORHOOD OUTREACH FUNDRAISER TO SUPPORT SENIORS IN THE COMMUNITY
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Sunday, October 11th
- Community Events at Faith Community Church - Franklin
- Airport seeks volunteers at information desk
- United Performing Arts Fund Announces 2016 Campaign Co-Chairs