Students and families from Greendale’s Canterbury Elementary School teamed up with Northwestern Mutual to support Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation during the spring semester. The school community raised $1,048.05, one cup at a time, for the organization by hosting lemonade stands at various functions and on certain Fridays.
Nichole Lecher, Assistant Director, Strategic Philanthropy and Community Relations Childhood Cancer Program at Northwestern Mutual, visited Canterbury in March to launch its program and read a book to students about Alex and the mission of her foundation. Lecher returned last week for a check presentation by Canterbury students.
To learn more about Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and to make a donation on behalf of Canterbury, visit http://www.alexslemonade.org/campaign/northwestern-mutual. The project name is Canterbury CARES.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- Open Enrollment for Franklin Residents
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Greenhills Ohio Declares March 20th Martin Luther Symphonic Band Day
- Greendale Education Association Comments on School Board Race
- Oak Creek Public Library Family Fun Night Fun With Food
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- LearningRx Spreads Word About Brain Injury Awareness
- Wilson Senior Center Travel Outing - Peter and the Starcatcher at the Rep on May 13
- Open House