Students and families from Greendale’s Canterbury Elementary School teamed up with Northwestern Mutual to support Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation during the spring semester. The school community raised $1,048.05, one cup at a time, for the organization by hosting lemonade stands at various functions and on certain Fridays.
Nichole Lecher, Assistant Director, Strategic Philanthropy and Community Relations Childhood Cancer Program at Northwestern Mutual, visited Canterbury in March to launch its program and read a book to students about Alex and the mission of her foundation. Lecher returned last week for a check presentation by Canterbury students.
To learn more about Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and to make a donation on behalf of Canterbury, visit http://www.alexslemonade.org/campaign/northwestern-mutual. The project name is Canterbury CARES.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show to Feature Clothing, Home Improvement Products
- Agape Players Announces Performance Times and Locations
- Second Saturday Aug 9 10am Oak Creek Community Center
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market Plans Grand Reopening on July 31st - Shows off remodeled 11th Avenue Streetscape
- Greendale Choir Teacher featured in GCT’s production of Legally Blonde: The Musical
- Register NOW for K3, K4 - 8th Grade
- Jr Hawks U14 Tryouts for 2015
- 2015 U14 Wisconsin Warriors Baseball Tryouts!!
- Greendale Artists at Firefly Art Fair
- 6 Tool Select Baseball ryouts