Crozier to Share Inspirational Perspectives on “Body, Mind & Spirit” at First Church of the Nazarene - PUBLIC INVITED
First Church of the Nazarene is excited to invite the public to hear the uplifting message of Biggest Loser Season 11 contestant Marci Crozier in our church building at 13535 W. Beloit Road, New Berlin on Sunday November 10, 2013. Ms. Crozier will speak on “Body, Mind & Spirit” during a free brunch at
8:45 a.m. followed by more of her message during the 10 a.m. worship service. Reservations for brunch can be made by calling 414.425.6430.
A native of Valparaiso, Indiana, Marci Crozier is the mother of two adult daughters. She originally auditioned for Biggest Loser to help her daughter Courtney, but realized along the way that she needed to get healthy, too. Marci was lean and fit growing up, and played sports on a scholarship in college.
But after having her daughters, she never lost all her pregnancy weight, and the stresses of work and life and her mother's death all contributed to additional weight gain. Marci, who weighed 238 pounds, was particularly inspired by Season 8 contestant Shay Sorrells, and vowed to be a better role model to her daughters by taking care of herself. Marci lost nearly 80 pounds while doing the show and today she empowers others with the story of her path to physical and spiritual health.
“People talk to me a lot about New Year’s resolutions, but I don’t believe in them,” Crozier, regional director of marketing and sales for Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness, said recently. “A resolution is usually short-lived. I prefer to take that word, drop the r-e and turn it into solution. Everybody has to set goals to reach their solution.”
“We are really looking forward to hearing Marci Crozier’s inspirational message of how she coped with the stresses so many of us face and how her perseverance was ultimately rewarded,” said Earl Gillett, Pastor at First Church of the Nazarene. “We can all relate to Marci’s story. This is going be a really fun time with great fellowship and we’d like to invite the public to join us.”
About First Church of the Nazarene
First Church of the Nazarene’s Core Values are:
• To Be a Grace Giving People & Place
• To Provide Relevant Worship
• Community Outreach
• To Build Christian Community through
Small Group Ministry
• To Build Disciples
• Team Ministry
• Striving to do all things with Excellence & Quality
• To Value People and relationships above programs and buildings
To learn more, please visit www.firstnazinfo.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Big Hopes for Mini Donuts Kickstarter Campaign
- Open Registration at St. Martin of Tours School
- Traditional Irish Music Comes to Franklin Public Library
- Academy of Performing Arts Spring Music Concert at Franklin Public Library
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Chamber Rolls Out the Red Carpet at Gala 2015
- Lakeshore Symphonic Band Concert “Fanfares, Flicks, & Finales” Featuring Jocelyn Ridgley and Kyle Samuelson
- Technology Overtaking the Youth