Kayla Lokker, a 12 year-old, 6th grader at Greendale Middle School competed in the WI state gymnastic meet on Sunday, March 23rd at Brookfield East High School. Kayla was the level 8 bronze medal winner finishing in 3rd place all-around. Kayla brought home the silver medal on balance beam.
At this meet Kayla earned a spot on the Super 8 team. This team is composed of the top 8 gymnasts in all of Wisconsin. This group of girls will be competing at the regional competition next month in North Dakota in a special meet where the top 8 gymnasts from each state in the region compete against each other.
This is a dream come true for Kayla and a huge goal accomplished that she set for herself this season. This is a very special honor.
Kayla had a great come back this season after several injuries kept her out of most of the competition season last year. Kayla suffered a serious foot injury which included breaking 5 of the bones in her foot. After healing from this injury, two weeks later Kayla broke her arm. After healing from that injury, Kayla pulled her achilles tendon and was out again. Kayla never gave up and fought back hard.
Kayla trains at Swiss Turners Gymnastic Academy in West Allis, Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chant Claire Chamber Choir Announces Fall 2014 Concert
- All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet
- 6th grade basketball team in in of players
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Book Signing & Authentic Viennese Recipes at Library!
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Franklin Lioness Fair Set for Oct. 25 at MATC's Oak Creek Campus; Proceeds Benefit MATC Scholarships
- "Identity Theft" presented by Educators Credit Union
- Honoring Our Heroes This Veteran’s Day at the Franklin Public Library