Kayla Lokker, a 12 year-old, 6th grader at Greendale Middle School competed in the WI state gymnastic meet on Sunday, March 23rd at Brookfield East High School. Kayla was the level 8 bronze medal winner finishing in 3rd place all-around. Kayla brought home the silver medal on balance beam.
At this meet Kayla earned a spot on the Super 8 team. This team is composed of the top 8 gymnasts in all of Wisconsin. This group of girls will be competing at the regional competition next month in North Dakota in a special meet where the top 8 gymnasts from each state in the region compete against each other.
This is a dream come true for Kayla and a huge goal accomplished that she set for herself this season. This is a very special honor.
Kayla had a great come back this season after several injuries kept her out of most of the competition season last year. Kayla suffered a serious foot injury which included breaking 5 of the bones in her foot. After healing from this injury, two weeks later Kayla broke her arm. After healing from that injury, Kayla pulled her achilles tendon and was out again. Kayla never gave up and fought back hard.
Kayla trains at Swiss Turners Gymnastic Academy in West Allis, Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Christmas Holly Fair
- 2015 GET FIT Workshop - Wilson Senior Center
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Winter/Spring Registration Info
- Local Business and Boy Scout Partner to Fight Homelessness
- Local Resident Stars in MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET at Sunset Playhouse
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Live theatre comes to Franklin
- Thanksgiving Day Free Bootcamp Workout in the Park
- St.Alphonsus Sunday School Students to Aid the Poor this Thanksgiving